Does anyone else have problems with volume fluctuations in the traktor software?

fivedive
fivedive Member Posts: 12 Member

What is wrong with the Traktor-Software? I have volume fluctuations in individual songs, which play fine in apple or spotify. At the moment there are many songs I can´t play. I´ve done all updates in windows and native instruments and contacted native instruments for help, but they just answered, the team is working on this problem and they can´t help at the moment. This lasts for weeks already. What??

Does anyone else have similar problems?

Best Answers

• decat_Tf
    decat_Tf Member Posts: 22 Member
    Answer ✓

Well now you mention this, yesterday while playing dvs I had a track suddenly go louder.

I thought it was probably track related but it seems the problem could be elsewhere too. Will try to check later today whether if it's the track or not.

• decat_Tf
    Answer ✓

ah ok, no worries. DVS is using timecode to control the tracks. Vinyl made by NI will send a specific signal to Traktor which gives you control over the track almost as if you were playing real vinyl.

VLC is an app to play music or videos, something like the Apple Music app.

• cabanu
    cabanu Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

There's a problem with the volume spikes if you're playing apple M4A-files in Traktor under Windows 11 build 22H2.

There are only 4 solutions:

1. Downgrade to Windows 10 (recommended)
    2. Convert all tracks to wave or MP3
    3. Use other DJ software
    4. Sit, wait and relax for an upgrade on Traktor

Answers

• Sasquai
    Sasquai Member Posts: 9 Member

Are you using hardware or is it just when you're listening on the software?

• decat_Tf
    Answer ✓

Well now you mention this, yesterday while playing dvs I had a track suddenly go louder.

I thought it was probably track related but it seems the problem could be elsewhere too. Will try to check later today whether if it's the track or not.

• decat_Tf

Just checked the tracks I played when it happened.

First check was playing them DVS mode on Traktor, at the same moment of the same track it suddenly went louder.

Afterwards I played the track in VLC, volume doesn't change.

On MacOS, Traktor test was on Monterey, the VLC on Ventura. running beta1 of 3.9

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Traktor has/had problems with Apple music format under Windows. I guess it used to make temporary volume spikes.

• fivedive

Hello Sasquai, thanks for asking. I have this issue with a Traktor-Controller MS2 and also while just using the software without a controller.

• fivedive

Thanks for answering, but I´m not that deep into it. Don´t know what a DVS mode or VLC is. What does it mean to play a song in VLC? Sorry for my unknowingness ...

• fivedive

Thanks for your answer. Yes and it still is a problem. I hope NI will fix this soon!

• fivedive

Thanks for your answer. Yes and it still is a problem. I hope NI will fix this soon!

• decat_Tf
    Answer ✓

ah ok, no worries. DVS is using timecode to control the tracks. Vinyl made by NI will send a specific signal to Traktor which gives you control over the track almost as if you were playing real vinyl.

VLC is an app to play music or videos, something like the Apple Music app.

• Sasquai
    Sasquai Member Posts: 9 Member

Okay gotcha... yeah, I mean if it sounds fine in multiple other softwares then I is probably related to the software. I had an issue once but it was 100% hardware related and I was able to fix it. I'm also on Windows so anything I'd guess to try would be pure speculation.... good luck! Hope you get it figured out!

• cabanu
    cabanu Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

There's a problem with the volume spikes if you're playing apple M4A-files in Traktor under Windows 11 build 22H2.

There are only 4 solutions:

1. Downgrade to Windows 10 (recommended)
    2. Convert all tracks to wave or MP3
    3. Use other DJ software
    4. Sit, wait and relax for an upgrade on Traktor

• fivedive

Thank you for this clear summary of the possibilities. I need to think about it..., maybe downgrade :(

• Peere
    Peere Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2023

I seem to have the same issue with fluctuating volumes on certain songs.

Downgrading to Windows 10 is not an option for me.

Converting to MP3 means you have to remake all your play lists...doesn't sound like an option

When will there be an update available to fix this issues pls?

I use a Traktor S4 MK3 with Taktor software on Windows 11 22H2

• fivedive

Thanks for your comment Peere and exactly the same here, for at least 5 month already. Just a mini-solution for new song-downloads I use a converter to change the files into mp3. But still no solution in sight for all the playlists, just standard answers and a very disappointing experience with NI. I wrote several emails and they just told me, the team is working on this issue and there is nothing they can do for me at the moment. have you found a solution in the meantime? Do you have an idea?

• Peere
    Peere Member Posts: 6 Member

I'm doing the exact same thing. Converting new downloads to mp3 but that doesn't solve the issue with the existing songs/playlists.

I have just bought a new Traktor S4 MK3 last month after somone spilled a drink in the same controller that I used to own.

I hope NI won't let me regret my "renenwal"

Can someone from NI react to this thread pls?