Why's Native Access trying to uninstall a Kontakt I've never had?

Chrisulrich
Chrisulrich Member Posts: 38 Member

Dear Anyone.

Got Komplete Start and Native Access. Everything installs bar Kontakt 6 Player, which says it has problems uninstalling an earlier version. It probably does - I've never HAD an earlier version!!

I've downloaded the tool for uninstalling stuff and it found Uhe Zebra and a few other things, so I let it uninstall all of those from the registry, but I still can't install Kontakt because it's still trying to uninstall stuff that was never there!

Any ideas?

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

• Chrisulrich

Dear Blindeddie.

Sure can! Here's what it says when it tries to install Kontakt 6 Player (the legit. freebie with Komplete Start)

and here's all the progs. on my computer so you can see what the culprit is....

Hope you spot the culprit! I'd love to use Komplete Start's sounds.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

I have no idea if it is the culprit, but on the last screenshot there is an entry for "Unkontakt"...any idea what that is?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Chrisulrich Your symptoms I believe are listed on this article here, so maybe worth trying these troubleshooting steps as well?

Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows)

• Chrisulrich

Dear Blindeddie and Kawan.

Kawan, I've done the uninstaller thing your link leads to. It found U-HE Zebra leftovers so I uninstalled those using it (wiped the bits from the Registry, whatever you want to call it, I'm not great at geekspeak!) and it still wouldn't install, after I restarted the PC.

BlindEddie, here's what I get when I try to uninstall Unkontakt which has been there for forever, I think Itried a 32-bit version in the distant past when Win10 had only just started out....

And it won't uninstall! The tool I was directed to by Kawan doesn't even find it. So nope - I've zero idea what it is,unless it's an old version of one of your uninstallation programs. What do you suggest I do so I can install Kontakt and use Komplete Start? I've tried the 'use source' bit and it just loops back to the same error box.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Ryan_NI Do you know a way to fix this issue with Native Access trying to uninstall an earlier version of Kontakt? T_T

• Chrisulrich

Dear Everyone.

I suppose this is a 'bump' - but I'd really love to use Komplete Start. Nothing will let me install it, see above for reasons why, they're still there!

Yours puzzledly still

Chris.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

Hey Chris, it sounds like we need to get you in touch with support. I'll create a ticket on your behalf. Thanks for your patience.

• Chrisulrich

Dear Ryan_NI.

Thankyou very much - I'd love support to help me out with this. I'm flat outta ideas!

Yours head-scratchingly

Chris.