Maschine can't detect midi and audio sources, ideas?

basehead617
basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I've had this happen intermittently but now nothing is fixing it..

MIDI going into the MK 3 isn't being seen, and also Maschine can't see any audio coming to any audio input on my interface either (UA Apollo).

Logic has no audio issues in or out with that interface... but it can't see anything on the Maschine MIDI inputs either (and that's my main MIDI input)

Playing the pads in Maschine works, and audio output on the interface works.

Maschine MK3 is checked in the MIDI inputs in Maschine.

Almost seems like the drivers might need to be uninstalled and reinstalled? What's the best method if I don't want to get rid of any files or settings in the install?

macOS Big Sur 11.6.4, Maschine 2.14.7

Tagged:

Comments

• basehead617
    edited February 2022

UGH.

Some other combination of restarts fixed the MIDI... very unreliable lately!

I kind of wonder if my USB is flaky (XCELLON USB 3.0 hub) but mouse/keybaord are on it and have no issues..

But the audio inputs still don't see any audio..

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@basehead617 Have you granted Maschine recording access to your system (microphone etc.)? Also, maybe worth messing around with an aggregate device in the Audio Midi Setup as well. This page has troubleshooting steps which help resolve an issue with Maschine before.

Hope that helps!

• basehead617

I went back and forth a few times changing to an aggregate device, then removing the aggregate devices, and now it's working on the UA thunderbolt device normally again.. strange!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

I kind of wonder if my USB is flaky (XCELLON USB 3.0 hub) but mouse/keybaord are on it and have no issues..

Could be. Simpler devices like mouse/keyboard are much less prone to have issues in HUB's than MIDI devices that require drivers like Maschine and especially Audio Interfaces. Try using your Hub connected to another Port on the computer or even using different ports on the HUB itself.