Importing non native instrument samples

K. Ade
K. Ade Member Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2023 in Maschine

Is there anywhere to import non native instrument samples into the MK3?

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

Definitely. Just click on the Files tab just to the right and under the MASCHINE logo in the software and you can navigate to anywhere you want.

You can also add regularly used locations to your User Library in Preferences.

But if you want them to be properly tagged and sorted like Native Instruments ones, you may want to use something like this which properly batch-tags them as one-shots or loops (with loops being able to be previewed in your project tempo directly in the Maschine browser pane) and by vendor, genre, etc.

A huge timesaver!

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

Definitely. Just click on the Files tab just to the right and under the MASCHINE logo in the software and you can navigate to anywhere you want.

You can also add regularly used locations to your User Library in Preferences.

But if you want them to be properly tagged and sorted like Native Instruments ones, you may want to use something like this which properly batch-tags them as one-shots or loops (with loops being able to be previewed in your project tempo directly in the Maschine browser pane) and by vendor, genre, etc.

A huge timesaver!

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper

Similar question, I've set up a location in preferences for my User Library, and when I'm navigating in the Maschine software or on the hardware (MK3) I've noticed that some of the sub-directories show up as "sub-banks" and some don't. All of the samples seem to be there (when I don't choose any sub-bank) but I was hoping that each sub-directory would show up as a "sub-bank" making it easier to navigate. Any idea why some sub-directories would be "sub-banks" and some not?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Could it have something to do with some samples being properly tagged and some not?

Just the first idea that came up, not sure at all

• bzyboy

Good suggestion! I went in and properly tagged some of the samples in the folders that weren't showing up as sub-banks, rescanned, and that specific folder still didn't show up. Not sure what the issue is but looks like I'll just have to live with it. Thanks for the suggestion though!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2023

All your Sub-Folders should show up as banks.

Do you have sub-sub-folders by any chance?

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

@D-One 😂😂😂 the clearest explanation I ever seen

• bzyboy

I stand corrected. It actually did have to do with tagging. The folders that weren't showing up only contained samples that originally came from an expansion. Although these samples were "user" samples, since the original sample came from an expansion and then was chopped, stretched, or edited in some way, the system sees them as still belonging to the expansion. In order to navigate to them, I need to choose "user" loops or one shots, then select the expansion from the filter. Thanks to all who gave input with suggestions!

• LostInFoundation

You see? When I’m “not sure at all” I find good solutions . It’s when I am sure that I make mistakes 😂😂😂