Noire - Modelled Una Corda request

dickiefunk
dickiefunk Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2023 in Kontakt

Hi,

I am a professional pianist and most of my work is recording piano for sessions. I own a large amount of piano libraries (some being considerably larger and more expensive) but I personally find Noire to be my go to for a large amount of my work. I record a wide range of music from classical, opera, jazz to gospel, pop and rock and with the various tone shaping options built into Noire I find it can work extremely well for pretty much all of these!

However one feature that I am surprised to find is missing is Una Corda!?? This is pretty much a standard feature in piano libraries whether it has been sampled or (some companies have successfully achieved through) modelling.

Please could we have an update with una corda. If samples weren't done for this in the session I would be very satisfied with modelling. Without una corda Noire is unusable for pieces that require this which is a huge shame as the core sound and playability is wonderful.

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 403 Pro

I own a lot of paino libraries, but I don't own one with this as standard.

Have you tried Una Corda?

Keys : Una Corda | Komplete (native-instruments.com)

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
  • dickiefunk
    dickiefunk Member Posts: 5 Member

The following libraries have Una Corda whether this sampled or modelled :-

Embertone - Walker

Garritan CFX

Pianoteq

Production Voices - Concert Grand Production Grand and 300 Grand

Synthogy - American Concert D, Ivory 2, Ivory 3

Simple Sam - Signature Grand

Sonicoture - Hammersmith

VI Labs - Ravenscroft and all True Keys libraries

VSL Synchron - All pianos

XLN Audio - Addictive Keys

Even the $29 Waves Grand Rhapsody has this and some of the other piano libraries are cheaper than Noire. I own six of these libraries and some use modelling very successfully. There’s also numerous other piano libraries that I haven’t any experience and I would expect many of those to have una corda as well.