Do you have a Kontakt 5 license to sell?

rif
rif Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

I recently upgraded my mac from High Sierra to Monterey running Logic 10.7.6. My old mac had Kontakt 5.1 installed on it and I'd like to install 5 on my new system so I can access all my 3rd party libs. I think if I buy a license, then download and install Kontakt 5.8 and activate it I should have access to my libs back? If you know this will work and have a license to sell, let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If you have licence for Kontakt 5, you may install it on new computer. Under the condition, it is possible to install Kontakt 5 on your new system.

• rif

Unfortunately I don't. I inherited the old system from my Dad who no longer does music. He doesn't have any info on his license etc.

• Kubrak

It might be possible to buy Kontakt 5 secondhand, but I would check, if it supports Monterey. I am not on Mac, so I do not know.

Also, maybe that Kontakt 5 Player would do for your case. It depends, what libraries you have used. Many libraries run on Kontakt Player, some need full Kontakt. Kontakt Player is free. It might be for download under Legacy SW Dodnload on NI web pages.

• rif

I did try installing the legacy player to make sure 5 would work on my system and 5.8 does work. Player though only allows Kontakt libs. In order to use 3rd party libs I would need the full version which is what I was using before.

• Kubrak

It depends, some 3rd party libraries need full Kontakt, for some Player will do.

• rif

I have a few dozen 3rd party, pretty much need the full version :(