Controller Editor Configuration MK3 Ableton 11

Drel
Drel Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi I have configured my MK3 as a controller for Ableton 11 (eg the pads etc). However, I cannot save the configuration within the hardware of the MK3 it seems. I have to open up the Controller Editor everytime I want to use this configuration.

Is there any way around this (Windowns 11, Maschine Mk3, Ableton 11).

Thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• Drel

Sorry - I just answered my own question -it saves the configuration within the ableton file

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2023

?

MIDI mapping in Ableton is per project, maybe that's what confused you?

The Controller Editor template has nothing to do with that but you can switch templates from the controller if you need to.

• Drel

Thanks yes - but I still seem to have to load the controller editor each time it seems

• D-One

While in MIDI Mode use Shift+Arrows to change the templates, templates must have Pages/Knobs tho or it gets stuck.

• Drel
    edited April 2023

Thank you for this, but let me further explain

When I load up my ableton set without the controller and press shift/Plug in on the controller - I only get the 'New Project' option (see photo below)

Which is simply for it to control the Maschine plug in

However, when I load up the NI Controller Editor then I get the following option

Which is the editor that have programmed for Ableton. So basically I have to keep loading the NI Controller Editor - its not a massive problem but I just wondered if I could skip having to load up the editor everytime - do you see what I mean??

• D-One
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

That is not MIDI Mode, that's "DAW Control Mode" or Instance control. (It's not customizable and requires an Ableton Script)

Press Shift+Channel/MIDI for MIDI Mode.