Maschine cannot see hardware in preference controller

EricEzReid
EricEzReid Member Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2023 in Maschine

So i have Mac pro 2013 the trash Can ,Os Catilina

In maschine mk3 cannot see the hardware in preference controller, same with the mk2 komplete kontrol s49.

So i can,t see the software on the hardware as well .

Trying to get back into writing.

If any one have any ideas on how i can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

I know it's basic but have you tried using a different USB port and/or cable and/or hub?

• EricEzReid

This is what it looks like.

Yes i did that as well.

• EricEzReid

Or should i disconnect everything and the reconnect?

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Hi, I'm on Windows and don't know whether my comment is useful: Without the right driver no NI gear will be detected, I've got the same result some years ago.

Sorry, I don't know the driver architecture on Apple devices.

• EricEzReid

Ok, thank you for your insight well appreciated.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

Are the hardware plugged also with power supply or they just take the power from the usb (in any case they should work in both ways)?

Are the hardwares seen in Controller Editor?

Are them connected to an usb hub or directly into computer (as Peter Harris already suggested)? Is the eventual usb hub one with power supply?

Are the hardwares already plugged when you open KK/Maschine?

But…before continuing…did you in the end try to disconnect and reconnect them? Sometimes I have to do this with my hardwares plugged in a power supplied usb hub

And…while you are unplugging them, I would try direct connection to the computer usb (sorry if you already tried, but you give vague answers (“yes I did that as well” but after you ask if you should disconnect everything…if you “did that”, you must have disconnected them…so why asking?). It is not clear what you tried and what not

• EricEzReid

No some of the task i did not try yet but will ,

Thank you for your response ,if anything i will reach out if all fails or if it works as well.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

So this means the problem is not solved yet. Sorry for you.

First thing I would try is to connect mk3 directly into the computer into an usb port you “trust” and know it is working

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,320 mod

@EricEzReid Check the steps in this article: My MASCHINE Controller Does Not Start

Also what @Peter Harris and @LostInFoundation suggested, different usb cables/ different usb ports.

Then the lat thing to check is to try the device on a different computer. If it behaves the same, it's most probably a hardware failure and you should get in touch with our hardware department: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

• EricEzReid

Ok

Thanks ill try this and get back to you

Thanks