Komplete Kontrol S49 MK1 Screen bug

JimSifu
JimSifu Member Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

I have a problem with the screens of my keyboard, The CC is not showing anymore, just "0" instead. When i launch Komplete kontrol, the name of CC reappear for the current VST, but when i close, the CC return to 0.

I have reinstalled Komplete kontrol multiple time, but it does nothing...

I try other template on controller editor, same probem.

I dont know what to do now?

PS : I'm on windows 11.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JimSifu
    Answer ✓

Ok guys, some news :

I borrowed my cousin's computer, to do some tests, and the problem comes from my motherboard and more particularly from the usb ports (i test all the ports with only the KK49 connected on mine), with his computer it works perfectly ! So sad...

Thanks you all for you help !

@LostInFoundation you can sleep like a baby ;)

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

So when you close all instances of KK it should revert to standard MIDI mode and allow use of your uploaded MIDI templates. Your photo just crops off the very left display but it should show you the MIDI templates you can select that you have uploaded. Is this not showing either:

Does it all show up when you launch Control Editor?

I am using an MK1 at the moment on Windows 11 and it's working fine for me

• JimSifu

Yes, in the last past month, it's working great, multiple template in midi mode : no problem at all, but now, no matter what i do, the CC name "disapear".

Sometimes, when i launch KK, CC disapear too. I really don't understand whats going on...

Is there a method to reset the keyboard in factory mode, or reinstall a firmware ?

Thanks anyway :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@JimSifu In Controller Editor, if you choose New it should reset to the default template. Does that fix the issue? If you try these steps (even though there was no crash) KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes does it fix it?

• JimSifu

Hi, thnks, i already try creat new template, the template come with full of "0" in all Pots.

try your link solution, the one with reg delete, work outside KK (in midi mode source of my problem) but just a few second, the cc name after 5-6 seconds return to "0" , i really dont understand...

• JimSifu

I made a video of the problem :

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited April 2023

@JimSifu Wow…how unlucky…I’ve never seen anything like this on mine. I guess if it is a hardware or software related thing. I hope software, otherwise it will be difficult for them to fix it for you (and my keyboard would be in danger too 😶).

You made me run to my studio to check mine…

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

It is strange as I have the very exact same phenomenon on my setup but on my sound card patchmix which has nothing to do with my NI stuff. All faders keep going back to 0 and output ports as well . And my first 2 tracks going hard left . Just weird

• JimSifu
    Answer ✓

Ok guys, some news :

I borrowed my cousin's computer, to do some tests, and the problem comes from my motherboard and more particularly from the usb ports (i test all the ports with only the KK49 connected on mine), with his computer it works perfectly ! So sad...

Thanks you all for you help !

@LostInFoundation you can sleep like a baby ;)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited April 2023

The kind of baby that cries all night waking up his parents? 😂

Anyway, there is a program made expressly to deal with usb ports malfunctioning. Now I don’t remember the name, but if you google it you’ll surely find it

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@JimSifu Thanks for the update!