Kontakt 7 Player Drum Kits

Josiah Q
Josiah Q Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

How do I turn off the patterns in the drum kits in Kontakt 7 Player? I would like to be able to program each individual drum sound to my liking but when I press a key in the MIDI Editor (I’m a Pro Tools user), it plays a preset pattern.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Which drum kits are you talking about? Products like Butch Vig Drums or Karriem Riggins Drums have 2 ways to be played: one is by pushing pads/keys that will launch pre prepared patterns. The other are pads/keys triggering the single sounds.

I would suggest to try the pads/keys in the other octaves, to see which ones are triggering the sounds instead of the patterns.

Tell me if this is the case and this solved your problem or if you are talking about something else

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Which drum kits are you talking about? Products like Butch Vig Drums or Karriem Riggins Drums have 2 ways to be played: one is by pushing pads/keys that will launch pre prepared patterns. The other are pads/keys triggering the single sounds.

I would suggest to try the pads/keys in the other octaves, to see which ones are triggering the sounds instead of the patterns.

Tell me if this is the case and this solved your problem or if you are talking about something else

• Josiah Q
    Josiah Q Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks man! You were right, the individual sounds were just in a different octave of the MIDI editor. I appreciate the help!

• LostInFoundation

No problem. For next time: specifying which product you’re talking about would help providing the right solution for your case. Luckily this time I guessed the right one 😉

• LostInFoundation

And…believe me: in the long term you’ll appreciate also the “patterns” side of these instruments (even only as an inspiration to then build YOUR rhythms).

Learning from monster drummers like Karriem Riggins is priceless 😉