Once I register the hardware serial is there anyway to revert it back to return the item?

K2O
K2O Member Posts: 4 Member

I got a komplete audio 6 mk2 then realized the pioneer v10 has a built in soundcard.

I'm trying to return it but the store (sam ash) needs verification that I have reverted the serial code that links all the software to the user.

Is there anyway to do that? If so, can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'd appreciate any help at all, thank you.

Best Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

You can't really, not without help from NI themselves. iirc the best you can do is transfer a serial.

But the argument is outdated: NI has changed their policies with regards to hardware. When you sell NI hardware then you always keep the license for the software, and the buyer who "re-registers" the serial will also get a license for the included software, no matter if you set up a transfer or not.

So no matter what you do: a new buyer will always be able to register the serial.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert
    Answer ✓

My suggestion is to contact NI support. Usually (at least about these topics) they are quite helpful

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

You can't really, not without help from NI themselves. iirc the best you can do is transfer a serial.

But the argument is outdated: NI has changed their policies with regards to hardware. When you sell NI hardware then you always keep the license for the software, and the buyer who "re-registers" the serial will also get a license for the included software, no matter if you set up a transfer or not.

So no matter what you do: a new buyer will always be able to register the serial.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert
    Answer ✓

My suggestion is to contact NI support. Usually (at least about these topics) they are quite helpful

• K2O
    K2O Member Posts: 4 Member

Thank you both. I will send a ticket in and hope for the best!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Generally, the shop should deal with it and negotiate with NI to reset the licence.

But you may ask NI and they will reset the licence for you. At least they did it for me when I wanted to sell HW/SW in period (60 days or so, not sure how many exactly) that automated licence transfer is not possible.