Can I update from Komplete 9 to 14 with only lic key and no install

rif
rif Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Hello,

I have an opportunity to purchase an unopened box Komplete 9 Ultimate Instruments and Effects collection for cheap. I'm only interested in this purchase really to leverage the license for an upgrade since I can't run this old version on my system. I would like to purchase 9 then upgrade to the latest Komplete Standard or Ultimate 14 so I can run it on the latest Logic X pro on Monterey. If i just register the lic key or 9 within my Native Access, will I be eligible for the update price?

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,253 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Of course you will be eligible (for update or upgrade). And you will also discover Komplete 9 Ultimate already gives you a toooon of instruments to play with.

Just be sure the 9 version you are buying is a full version and not an update/upgrade itself, cause if you don’t own any previous version of Komplete, but just updates, you won’t be able to register it

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Of course you will be eligible (for update or upgrade). And you will also discover Komplete 9 Ultimate already gives you a toooon of instruments to play with.

Just be sure the 9 version you are buying is a full version and not an update/upgrade itself, cause if you don’t own any previous version of Komplete, but just updates, you won’t be able to register it

• rif

Thank you for your quick reply. Appreciate it!

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

But…to someone of NI:

while I was checking for the OP, I noticed some site shenanigans: sometimes when I check for availabilities for updates, the site lists me wrongly: I own Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition but the site still lists me as a Komplete 9 Ultimate owner…

I hope this doesn’t affect my update/upgrade prices…

• rif

Also I noticed the sku has EDU next to it and this person purchased for school but never used. I read somewhere about educational licenses do not apply?

• LostInFoundation

@rif just a suggestion (against NI interest ☺️). If you are not in a hurry about updating to 14, NI has some special sales under the name of Summer of sound.

Since you are already buying a lot of instruments with 9 version, you could take some time to learn those and wait a couple of months before updating to 14, sparing some more money in this way 😉

• rif

@LostInFoundation , good point. Yeah I am in no hurry. I am not sure if this version would even run on my Monterey system. Regardless as I pointed out in my last post, I think the 9 version is an Educational purchase and NI states I cannot get the update prices with an EDU license. I may just wait until Summer to see what the sales have to offer.

• LostInFoundation

Ah ok…no , educational version doesn’t allow for many things (even resell if I’m not wrong), since they already comes at a good price.

If you need them, as you can see from my screenshot above, I own a series of previous updates/upgrades I could sell you, but you’ll need at least one previous full version of Komplete

• rif

Okay, I'll probably go with Standard and since no rush, I'll keep an eye out for the sales like you mentioned. Thanks