About the 9 for 99 Expansion Sale

Nightingale
Nightingale Member Posts: 11 Member

I already own the Komplete 14 Collector's Edition,and I've bought some expansion packs. Today I saw the official expansion pack sale,But I hardly ever sell what I don't own. I would like to ask the official event staff whether this kind of promotion does not consider old users at all?

These 8 are the ones I don't own

This is the event page what I need to buy.

These expansion packs have been released for a long time, why are they not included in Komplete 14?Regardless of the official reason, this is something that makes users very uncomfortable. This doesn't match the name “KOMPLETE”

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I understand the frustration. Being a Komplete Ultimate Collectors edition owner, the situation for me is even worst. Being a loyal NI customer seems sometimes counterproductive: updating to new Komplete versions seems less profitable, cause the ratio of new plugins other users get compared the price they pay is waaaay better (even if it is still largely profitable compared to prices of the single plugins). Every time you buy a new hardware (and I bought a looot), the vouchers they give you is almost unusable (I made so many of them expire). I even asked them to allow users with almost all their products to let them use vouchers on articles already discounted or Komplete Now subscription…but guess what? No answer…. Every time you buy a new Maschine, Traktor controller or anything else you are paying again the price of the included softwares that you already own…maybe 2, 3 or more times (ok…it is cheap…but why do we have to pay same amount than someone that gets also the softwares?)…

BUT…

Offers like this “9 for 99” is their choice.

Probably they do offers like these to try to sell a little more. And probably they try to sell articles that usually are not on top of the list of buyers choice (adding some of the bestsellers to make the offer more appealing).

In the end…why should they sell something cheaper if it already sells at full price?

So…my conclusions are: am I happy with all the offers they do? No. But…it’s up to them and we can’t force them to do what we want (and NI is quite famous fir being resilient to being forced to ANYTHING, even the most trivial and requested things 😂)

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited April 2023

There is nothing mysterious or tricky about what's included in each Komplete edition. And once it's been officially revealed what is in each edition, it can't really be changed. (Furthermore, you like all of us knew exactly what we'd be getting when we pulled the trigger on our purchase whenever it was.)

And expansions released since the previous Komplete edition are not generally included in this type of sale but almost certainly will be in K15.

Disappointing yes, but not really unreasonable or surprising. And not to be flippant but there's a reason Komplete is spelled with a K. It's a brand, not a literal description.

• Nightingale

Since Komplete 11 came out,I've been using it since five years ago. The new expansion pack will of course be included in Komplete 15, But some of the older expansion packs that were released before were never included in the Komplete Bundle. So I guess, the official person in charge of this matter must have changed.And this guy is a novice, he doesn't know what the user needs at all, he needs to be familiar with NI products.At least for this promo sale he should include all expansion packs before the release of Komplete 14.One thing needs to be clear: selling is about making money and giving users what they need without compromising new products. Chinese users complained a lot about this in the discussion group.So hopefully whoever is in charge of this promotion and the Komplete Bundle will listen to customers‘ opinion.

As you can see I have a lot of Maschine, the expansion pack is a very much needed purchase for a user like me, but this promotion doesn't include anything I need, so I won't and can't buy it. Does this kind of promotion serve customers or is it just a formality?

• Nightingale
    edited April 2023

At least all Kontakt libraries are included in the Komplete Bundle, but many expansion packs released earlier are not included, and buying them separately is a very large expenditure.The point is that the promotion should include all the expansion packs, not like this 9 of 99 promotion

• Peter Harris

Except for the newest they are definitely all included in the K13/14 Ultimate Collector's Edition packs but probably not in the lower ones.

All those older ones should be included in the promotion. Maybe send a support message asking why they are not showing up as available to you because they should be.

• Peter Harris

If anyone is trying to decide which ones to pick in the sale, Beau Tyler there does a really great rundown here:

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

It does include all. The website tries to be clever and hide everything it thinks you already own. Click on the Eye icon to remove the filter.

• Peter Harris

Great to know but I'm not seeing an eye icon. Where is that?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
  • Peter Harris

Interesting. I tried the page in four different browsers and it only showed that icon in one of them. I wonder how many sales they are missing because of bad page coding.

By the way, anyone know why Crystal Daggers is no longer available? Or maybe it's another bug.

• Nightingale

None of these expansion packs have 9 of 99 labels in the upper left corner😫So that's not a bug, that's a failed promotion😥

• Peter Harris

Yeah, that's really unfortunate that they're missing those potential sales.

Is the promotion definitely available in your region? It shows up on the home page?

• Nightingale

Sure the promotion is available.Always like this. I think all regions display the same.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

Which 4 browser did you try and which one showed the icon? 🐭

• Peter Harris

Android Opera, Android Chrome, iPad Safari, iPad Opera all didn't show it. Only Windows 11 Opera did.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I understand the frustration. Being a Komplete Ultimate Collectors edition owner, the situation for me is even worst. Being a loyal NI customer seems sometimes counterproductive: updating to new Komplete versions seems less profitable, cause the ratio of new plugins other users get compared the price they pay is waaaay better (even if it is still largely profitable compared to prices of the single plugins). Every time you buy a new hardware (and I bought a looot), the vouchers they give you is almost unusable (I made so many of them expire). I even asked them to allow users with almost all their products to let them use vouchers on articles already discounted or Komplete Now subscription…but guess what? No answer…. Every time you buy a new Maschine, Traktor controller or anything else you are paying again the price of the included softwares that you already own…maybe 2, 3 or more times (ok…it is cheap…but why do we have to pay same amount than someone that gets also the softwares?)…

BUT…

Offers like this “9 for 99” is their choice.

Probably they do offers like these to try to sell a little more. And probably they try to sell articles that usually are not on top of the list of buyers choice (adding some of the bestsellers to make the offer more appealing).

In the end…why should they sell something cheaper if it already sells at full price?

So…my conclusions are: am I happy with all the offers they do? No. But…it’s up to them and we can’t force them to do what we want (and NI is quite famous fir being resilient to being forced to ANYTHING, even the most trivial and requested things 😂)