Traktor Audio Indicator colour?

s4mk3
s4mk3 Member Posts: 33 Helper

What colour should Audio Indicator in traktor pro 3 be when using S4 mk3?

It used to be white and just recently its orange with s4 mk3 plugged in? Now every time i open traktor with s4 mk3 connected i get a pop up (activate device) asking if i want to switch audio to traktor kontrol s4 mk3 ?

Traktor pro 3.8.046

Best Answer

• MrCee
    MrCee Member Posts: 60 Advisor
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

This has been a good one, I've never given too much attention to it.

So I have deleted my duplicated device setup where some midi elements needed to be reworked. That's for another day.

As for the 'Audio indicator' icon, it was all to do with my MacOS using Traktor S4 MK 3 as its sound card. As soon as I changed MacOS to use 'Internal Speakers' this was the result and both became white again...

Answers

• MrCee
    edited April 2023

Are you referring to the waveform on your laptop screen?

Change the DECK LAYOUT - MISCELLANEOUS - COLOR MODE from x-ray to spectrum (or the other way around), but ultimately it sounds like you need to reinstall Native Access and do an update so your software is registered again. Failing that, re-install Windows.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

It's orange when you have an orphan mapping in the controller manager, white when all your mappings are assigned to a device.

• s4mk3

thanks but i'm talking bout the audio indicator icon at the top of the screen (to the left of the load meter) it looks like a speaker.

• MrCee
    edited April 2023

I was on the wrong track. The tool tips explain it all.

I'm always orange at my end. @Sûlherokhh.. I had multiple mappings. Now I'm back to the following after deleting an unused mapping:

• Sûlherokhh

Oops. Yes i think that one is about which audio interface Traktor has been set to in the Audio setup.

Hmm. Not sure but i think it's blank if you have no mappings at all, or maybe no mappings for HID devices but the midi mappings all have a device assigned. Need to play around with this to find out.

• MrCee
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

This has been a good one, I've never given too much attention to it.

So I have deleted my duplicated device setup where some midi elements needed to be reworked. That's for another day.

As for the 'Audio indicator' icon, it was all to do with my MacOS using Traktor S4 MK 3 as its sound card. As soon as I changed MacOS to use 'Internal Speakers' this was the result and both became white again...

• s4mk3

haha. Thanks! I never would of figured that out. So? is use ' internal speakers' with white audio indicator or s4 mk3 with orange audio indicator correct?

• Sûlherokhh

S4 with white indicator is what you want. If you use internal you won't be able to use the s4 audio outputs (main/headphones) nor the dedicated volume/mix controls.

It's not unusual to get a pop-up asking if you want to connect to the onboard soundcard of the s4, what is unusual is for the indicator to stay orange if you do. There might be a problem with the driver.

• s4mk3

All outputs and dedicated volumes work fine if I select internal speakers or s4 mk3 in Mac sound output settings. Selecting internal speakers turns audio indicator white and selecting s4 mk3 turns it orange.

• Sûlherokhh

I don't own a mac, but that sounds like it should work exactly the other way around.

Either way, make it so you can actually use the s4 output. :)

• MrCee
    edited April 2023

Set your MacOS System sounds to Internal Speakers to prevent message notifications, email, and other alerts from playing through the S4 soundcard. This will turn the audio indicator white.

However, when I'm at home, for example, I want Youtube and anything else I play on MacOS to come through the S4 master, in that case, when you globally select your MacOS system sounds to play all sounds through the S4 soundcard, you'll see an orange indicator.