[SOLVED] 6.7.0 native totally Crashes on M1 Macbook Air

Peevy
Peevy Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

I've had to revert back to a previous beta because the latest version just totally crashes in both Ableton Live 11.1 & Logic 10.7.2. The standalone is also crashing. This in native mode.

If I reinstall the beta 3 & uncheck the au for installation it works again with the au as the latest version & the vst3 & standalone as the beta version.

I'm in the process of reporting a bug on the beta where do I report the bug for the official release?

Comments

• Peevy

I've just submitted crash reports to the centercode beta testing group for the standalone, ableton live & logic. Just waiting to find out where to report it for the official release.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,625 mod

In general, to report bugs you can access our support pages, there is a dedicated page for Kontakt: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

but I've contacted you by email regarding this, please check your inbox.

• Peevy

Thanks Jeremy

I've been getting some feed about the bug on centercode too.

• Peevy

All fixed thanks to the very helpful beta team. All I had to do was remove the file that stores where the libraries are for the left pane. Boy they were quick!

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, so you mean, this was fixed by deleting this folder ?

Macintosh HD / Users / User name / Library / Apllication Support / Native Instruments / Kontakt

So others facing the same problem have the fix.

• Peevy

No it was by deleting this specific file in the folder: /Users/<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/kontaktdb2_56

I deleted that file & then kontakt 6.7.0 now runs without crashing. I wasn't sure if I should tell the exact file I removed in case it caused more harm than good for others but it appears that this file is regenerated upon loading kontakt again. If not you can force rebuild it with the button in the database option dialog.

• Jeremy_NI

@Peevy Thanks for the clarification!

• jklos
    jklos Member Posts: 7 Member

Should I try this? @Jeremy_NI