Native Access 3.22 Weirdness

2pods
2pods Member Posts: 32 Member

After NA insisted on updating itself to 3.22 I've been having problems.

It showed me 4 updates, but gave me "Failed" messages on all of them.

I tried rebooting, then downgrading NA, running as administrator (which I do anyway) but it stayed the same.

All I can see now is an update to Komplete Kontrol v2.91, I currently have KK2.9. As soon as I try to update I get this message as in the attached screen shot. Everything else is working OK.

Windows 10 fully updated

Tagged:

Best Answer

• 2pods
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Got it !

It didn't work after I upgraded WD, so I uninstalled Defender, then re-installed, which forced it into another update, which has done the trick.

Thanks everyone

Answers

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

Try to update your Windows Defender virus defition (it's called Security Intelligence Update in Windows Update, but, you can also update it from the Windows Security Center in the task bar). With the most recent virus definitions, it shouldn't be flagged as malicious by Defender anymore, and should update correctly.

• 2pods

That's not the problem.

I got that on my desktop, and after double checking with Malawarebytes, I told Defender to allow the file and all was then well.

This seems different. There was no flagging of a Trojan this time. Windows was OK with the file. It's NA2 that's giving me grief. Incidentally, I checked the downloaded zip file with WinRAR. It couldn't open the zip file, and gave me a CRC error.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@2pods Have you tried to update Windows / Windows Defender again? the issue seems to come up, then gets fixed by Microsoft.

• 2pods

Yes I have. It's not that.

As I say, it's giving me an error even if I try and unzip the file (CRC)

I've tried erasing it and downloading again to no avail.

According to NA2, this is the only file that won't install. I think I need a direct link

• 2pods
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Got it !

It didn't work after I upgraded WD, so I uninstalled Defender, then re-installed, which forced it into another update, which has done the trick.

Thanks everyone