Massive stuck on initializing

marcopmp
marcopmp Member Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2023 in Massive X & Synths

Hi all !

Today i downloaded demo versione from native site, I installed it, but when i launch the program it remain in status "initializing" and doesn't work

What can I try ?

My system is with "Windows 11 Enterprise", intel i9 6 cores 12 logical processor, 16 GB memory

Best Answer

• williameggleston
    williameggleston Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

For me, I "fixed" this problem by uninstalling Massive, the reinstalling it in the default hard-drive/folders that the installer suggests.

Originally, I had specified a different hard-drive/folder for the installation (which should be fine), so maybe it didn't like that.

@marcopmp - hopefully this helps...

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @marcopmp You can try thie following:

1. Run the System File Integrity Checker

The steps provided on this page from Microsoft explain how to use this tool.

2. Run DISM

If Windows updates are failing to install correctly, this can affect the installation of other programs. This tool from Microsoft will fix Windows updates errors.

3. Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++

Ensure you have the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 installed. Install both the x86:vc_redist.x86.exe and x64:vc_redist.x64.exe available from the Microsoft support site.

4. Windows Updates

Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed. This article from Microsoft explains how to do this.

• marcopmp

Thanks for your very detailed instructions, which I followed to the letter, but sadly, they didn't solve the problem.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled Massive, but same thing.

As a further indication, I manage to open "File -> Audio and Midi settings" , but the window is stuck.

Any other ideas?

• Jeremy_NI

Maybe try with the Asio4all driver:

• marcopmp

there is another strange thing: after being launched, and remaining in "Initializing" Status, the memory occupied by Massive increases until it takes up all that is available, in this case around 12GB, out of the total 16.

I hope this helps

• marcopmp

even leaving it there can block the system!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023

So what happens when you select the driver / soundcard? Have you tried to update the driver for your onboard soundcard?

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

I use WASAPI with my Realtek Sound Card. It works quiet well.

• williameggleston
    edited April 2023

Hi @marcopmp,

Did you figure out how to solve this?

I'm having the exact same issue as you've described above.

What audio interface are you using? I'm using a MOTU-M2.

I've updated my audio drivers, etc... still no joy...

Cheers.

• Jeremy_NI

@williameggleston The MOTU-M2 has an ASIO driver, right? Did you choose the ASIO driver for Massive? What is your operating system?

Please follow the steps here: My NI Software Crashes at Startup (Windows)

After that, are you able to open Massive and choose your ASIO driver?

• marcopmp

nothing !

I installed Massive on two PC's of mine, but the same result !

Perhaps my cmputer are professional computers (Windows 10 enterprise and Windows 11 Pro) and Massive has some problem with not-home computer ?

one solution is to destroy the key register, i did it, and , the next start, i got this screenshot,

but i cannot modify nothing,and then I see the same screen, where nothing is clikable. I I clink on File -> New sound, nothing happens. the only strange thing, is the memory size of massive, wchich increases over time, without nothing happens

• Jeremy_NI

Well, Massive runs fine with any computer running Windows 10 or 11. It seems there is an issue with your onboard soundcard, can you post a screenshot with the different choices you have, like what you can choose in Driver and Device ?

• williameggleston
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

For me, I "fixed" this problem by uninstalling Massive, the reinstalling it in the default hard-drive/folders that the installer suggests.

Originally, I had specified a different hard-drive/folder for the installation (which should be fine), so maybe it didn't like that.

@marcopmp - hopefully this helps...

• marcopmp

this is the screenshot of devices and the Asio4all settings

• marcopmp

it seems that even William has the same problem.

Moreover, I am a student of "Conservatorio Musica,Alta Formazione Artistica Musicale e Coreutica", Bologna, Italy, and our Teacher of "computer science for music" use massive for generating synth sounds, and it is part of examination, so it's very importatnt for us.

And two other colleagues of mine have the exact same problem

I remain in hopeful anticipation ....