Is there a way I can get the full version of Absynth 5 despite NI no longer selling it?

Trivialll
Trivialll Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I have Absynth 5's demo version, and I wanted to buy it at some point, but then found out that Native Instruments took it off their store. Even if I open Absynth 5 and it gives me the option to buy it, it sends me to a link of Native Instruments but not the product. I was really hoping I could buy the product because it has a lot of good ambient sounds. Is there a way I can still get a license to the full version?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

You may buy it seconhand. It would probably be difficult to get licence just for Absynth, but it is included in Komplete bundles up to 13. You have to check which Komplete Bundle starts to have it. I think it is Komplete "Standard" and above (Ultimate, Ultimate CE) and not Komplete Select. But check it beforehand.

It is even possible to buy older versions of Komplete Bundles in e-shops.

Paule might be right, that it is not possible to install Absynth on Win11. Maybe that NA will not offer it for Win11, but maybe it runs under Win11, one would have to test it. One can download installation file on older Win and try to install it manually on Win11. There is no guarantie Absynth would work under Win11, but it might most probably...

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

No - it is discontinued.

If I change from win 10 to win 11 in the future there no access to Absynth anymore.

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

You may buy it seconhand. It would probably be difficult to get licence just for Absynth, but it is included in Komplete bundles up to 13. You have to check which Komplete Bundle starts to have it. I think it is Komplete "Standard" and above (Ultimate, Ultimate CE) and not Komplete Select. But check it beforehand.

It is even possible to buy older versions of Komplete Bundles in e-shops.

Paule might be right, that it is not possible to install Absynth on Win11. Maybe that NA will not offer it for Win11, but maybe it runs under Win11, one would have to test it. One can download installation file on older Win and try to install it manually on Win11. There is no guarantie Absynth would work under Win11, but it might most probably...

• Paul B
    Paul B Member Posts: 53 Helper
    edited April 2023

I have an individual Absynth license if you want to buy it. The others are correct that in future it may not work on new versions of Windows. I'm a Mac user, and while it might in theory work on the new M1/M2 chips through Rosetta, I haven't tried. Since NI aren't going to update it to support Apple Silicon and Rosetta is probably not going to be around forever for running Intel based software, I decided to stop using Absynth when I switched a couple of months ago.

Given the uncertainty of Absynth's future usability, I won't ask much for it.

• Kubrak

Good point... Mac users might massively sell Absynth individual licences as it has no future on Apple platform....

• Trivialll
    edited April 2023

Thank you very much for the info. I have Windows 10 so I should be able to. Do you know how or where I can buy older bundles of Komplete? At the moment I only have all the free and demo NI products anyway and at some point I want to buy the actual bundle.

• Trivialll
    edited April 2023

Well, I happen to use Windows 10, but what I'm buying is not the application but the License right? Yeah, I'd be happy to buy it. How much are you selling it for? (I don't plan on upgrading to Windows 11 anytime soon, until Microsoft stops updating Windows 10)

• Kubrak

@Trivialll

Buy and Sell on this forum. You have found it already.

eBay or Reverb

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=komplete%2012

Also, you may buy NI HW that comes with bundled Komplete Select and buy secondhand upgrade from Select to Komplete (Standard) or Komplete Ultimate, or Ultimate Coll. Ed.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023

Rhizomatic Plasmonic is Brian Clevinger’s (Absynth) new Synthesizer plugin that offers a deep expressive dive into physical modeling and subtractive synthesis.

https://rhizomatic.fr/

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

(Early disclaimer to avoid confusion: what follows is a joke)

Whatever price Paul B sell it to you, I’ll make 1 $ less. If he tells you he will give it to you for free, I’ll give it to you and pay you 1$ 😂

I’m of course joking…buy it from him, he was the first one 😉