Kontakt 7 Free + Kontakt 6 Full

W S
W S Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi

some libraries now can be playable only via a Kontakt 7 free player. I own a Kontakt 6 full player with Komplete 13 Ultimate libraries. The question is: can I install also the free version of 7 just for that “new” library and be safe to keep my full version of 6 (with their libraries)?

any consequence of having two players? Any crush on daw (Logic Pro)?

thanks a lot

regards

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@W S Kontakt 6 and 7 can co-exist without any issue. Keep in mind that if you save a preset in a library in Kontakt 7 you won't be able to open it in Kontakt 6. Same with doing a batch re-save, other than that, there should not be any issue.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@W S Kontakt 6 and 7 can co-exist without any issue. Keep in mind that if you save a preset in a library in Kontakt 7 you won't be able to open it in Kontakt 6. Same with doing a batch re-save, other than that, there should not be any issue.

• W S
    W S Member Posts: 4 Member

thanks Jeremy for the prompt answer! Does it means that I could use a plug-in/library from the free player (7) and another track with another plug-in from full version (6) also with Logic? And would my Komplete 13 Ultimate would works only with Komplete 6 or would be seen and visible from both players (free 7 and full 6)? Thank you so much

• Jeremy_NI

@W S Yes you could,n only the latest libraries will require Kontakt 7. All the rest will work in Kontakt 6. And, as said before, if you save an instrument with version 7 you won't be able to open it in v6.

• Veldrijder
    Veldrijder Member Posts: 10 Member

But, what about 3rd libraries? Mine only run in demo mode. Is there a solution to continue working with them in K6 Full and K7 Player as well?

• Jeremy_NI

@Veldrijder If your 3rd party library requires the full version of Kontakt as a system requirement you will only be able to open it in Kontakt 6 Full and not in Kontakt 7 Player.