How to break up a drum kit group to have them all on separate outputs for exporting stems?

filvox
filvox Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

So I have this 808 drum kit simply loaded into a group, it's cool and all, but once I'm done creating, I really would like to export the drum stems separately.

What's the fastest/easiest way to spread this Battery instance into separate outs?

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

It's just Inputs and Outputs...

In Battery right-click a cell and select an Output, say Stereo 3/4 for your Snare.

Then on an empty Maschine Pad navigate to Input>Audio - 'Source' and select the Output coming from Battery.

Naming is a bit confusing since Battery calls Output #2 as "ST3/4" and Maschine sees it as just "2"

Then you can export normally I guess.

Unless there's a feature in Battery that Maschine Sampler does not have that you really love there's no reason to complicate, all those 808 one-shots are also available in Maschine which simplifies things a lot and allows you to use the HW knobs to tweak every setting easily and fast:

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

It's just Inputs and Outputs...

In Battery right-click a cell and select an Output, say Stereo 3/4 for your Snare.

Then on an empty Maschine Pad navigate to Input>Audio - 'Source' and select the Output coming from Battery.

Naming is a bit confusing since Battery calls Output #2 as "ST3/4" and Maschine sees it as just "2"

Then you can export normally I guess.

Unless there's a feature in Battery that Maschine Sampler does not have that you really love there's no reason to complicate, all those 808 one-shots are also available in Maschine which simplifies things a lot and allows you to use the HW knobs to tweak every setting easily and fast: