b4 and c5 to strong for violin Orchestral tools, Kontakt 7

Joop
Joop Member Posts: 12 Member

I'm using quite frequently the Orchestral tools from the Kontak 7, factory library 2.

I've noticed that for the violin, all articulations, the notes b4/c5 (midi 71/72) are too strong compared to the notes above and below. It becomes a problem playing the instrument in an open setting.

• Does anybody else have this issue as well?
  • Is there an option to lower the volume of these two notes only, or is it something that much be fixed in an update?

cheers,

Joop

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Joop Forwarded this to the Kontakt Instruments team. They will look into it and hopefully fix it soon.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023

Hey Joop, I couldn't reproduce the issue on my side, does it happen in all dyn modes as well? Does the modwheel position of your keyboard has an impact on the issue?

Can you share a MIDI file where this happens so we can try a repro?

• Joop

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your quick reply. I made a simple midi file with a scale starting with f4, only white keys.

Effects is only with sustain as far as I can hear. Other modes seem ok. It occurs with MW+vel and ModWheel. It seems to decrease with increasing dynamics. So possibly I get the 100% dynamics for those notes all the time. I append the midi and my .wav, that is very clear. Settings were vel+MW with MW minimum.

cheers,

Joop

• Jeremy_NI

@Joop Thanks for everything, I'll forward this to our Kontakt Instruments team and try to get some more information about the issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Joop Forwarded this to the Kontakt Instruments team. They will look into it and hopefully fix it soon.

• Joop

Hi Jeremy,

looking forward to the answer. I really like the orchestral tools, just this needs a fix :-),

Joop

• yangwooko
    yangwooko Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    edited June 2023

@Jeremy_NI

Any update on this issue? I bought Kontakt a week ago and this is very disappointing.

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

Don't hold your breath.

Note: this is something that could be fixed in 10 seconds if it wasn't locked to editing.

• Grávido
    Grávido Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
  • Rotomot
    Rotomot Member Posts: 34 Helper
    edited June 2023

There are multiple problems in those violin sounds.

It sounds like the sustain sound on MIDI 71 and 72 notes are missing close mic recording or something. The sustain volume is quieter than on other notes, but the ambience or reverb is still quite loud. And then when the note is released, the release sample is played way too loud.

There is also a bad click or clank noise later in the end of release sample. Similar noise is even worse on notes an octave lower, MIDI 59 and 60. The clank noise comes about 3 seconds after note release. It sounds like someone pressing a large button on some old tape recorder or something.

• Franck
    Franck Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have the same problem. An update soon would be great as this is unplayable.

B4 and C5 seem to be different articulations even or a completely different dynamic. It sounds more like a marcato or something with a significantly stronger attack than the rest of the keyboard.

You can notice it as well on B3 and C4; not as pronounced.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey all, I pinged our Kontakt Instruments team, will update the post as soon as I get more info.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey all, there was an update on June 26th for the KFL2, it should address some of these issues, can you confirm you have these with the latest 1.2.0 update?

• Joop

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your help. I checked the version 1.2.0, I have version 7.5.0 for the Kontakt player now. Unfortunately there is no difference, still large difference in volume for B4 C5,

Just play the midi file I sent before and you will notice.

regards,

Joop

• Jeremy_NI

Thanks for the update @Joop Forwarding to our Kontakt Instruments team.

• Kendall Simpson
    Kendall Simpson Member Posts: 5 Member

To add more mystery to this...I updated everything and here is what I experience with the VIOLINS/Kontakt Library 2:

Mac mini M1 - problem solved, sounds fine.

MacBook Pro (Intel) - problem solved, sounds fine.

iMac M1 - those volume jumps on B4 and C5 are still there. I even reinstalled Kontakt Library 2 and Kontakt 7. Just FYI