"Internal error" loading Battery 4 Kits

Philippe
Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper

Hello everyone,

I have this "An Internal error occurred, kit cannot be loaded" error dialog when loading User Kits in Battery 4 standalone. The samples are OK. Battery 4 has full disk access (data is on an external SSD, but also tried with external hard disk)

It seems the kits are probably v3 and/or v1 kits ("kit" extension), as I missed Battery 4 has abandoned v1 format.

I saw I could download Battery 3 (as it should import v1 files, right ?) and re-save, but it's not compatible after 10.10. So not easy...

Does somehow know a way to get my kits in Battery 4 back ? Would be highly appreciated.

Setup #1 : Silicon machine under 12,6,3, Battery 4.3

Setup #2 : MBP Intel under 10.15.7, Battery 4

PS : strangely Komplete Kontrol sees more kits. Is it possible I re-saved v1 kits in v3 version while keeping the "kit" extension ? I don't remember the v3 extension TBH

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,626 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Philippe Well, it helps to show it to colleagues, devs, etc...I'm afraid that unless you find an old computer to install Battery 3 on you'll be stuck. Battery 4 can only import Battery 3 presets and kits (.kt3 files).

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Philippe, can you post a screenshot of the error message?

• Philippe
    edited March 2023

Hi Jeremy, I wrote almost the exact text. Here comes the pic anyway. Not sure it will help a lot...

Hoping for a solution, I have a lot of content ...

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Philippe Well, it helps to show it to colleagues, devs, etc...I'm afraid that unless you find an old computer to install Battery 3 on you'll be stuck. Battery 4 can only import Battery 3 presets and kits (.kt3 files).

• Philippe

So,probably stuck. For now I’ve dragged back the samples forbsome kits, but lost of course all the relevant settings that are so long to tweak. Sigh

• Jeremy_NI

Yeah, really sorry @Philippe, not cool when this happens.

• Philippe

thanks anyway , Jeremy

• Robert Peveler
    Robert Peveler Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi - I have recently found that a lot of my Battery 4 kits will now not load into Battery, either in plugin or standalone mode. I get the message "An internal error occurred. X.nbkt can not be loaded." This applies to nearly all of the Battery Kits in the many Expansions that I have, for example. I have tried rolling back from 4.3 to 4.2 but this has not fixed it; the error is the same. Has anyone else met this, and has anyone any ideas for a fix? I am in Win 10; kits are on an internal ssd drive. Thanks

• Robert Peveler

It also seems as if the kits which are in expansions which do not load also do not scan in the library browser any more. Some of these have been visible in the past, I think.

• Jeremy_NI

@Robert Peveler This thread is quite old, have you tried to contact support about your Battery 4 issue? https://bit.ly/NI_support_other

• Robert Peveler

Yes I did - apparently it is a known problem, with no fix. Whoppee! Great work, NI.