Loud Keys on a new S88 Mk2

timothypb
timothypb Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just purchased the S88 Mk2. Keys Middle C, and B make a loud "clicking" sound when pressed. All of the other keys are basically silent. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do? I only purchased the keyboard about a week ago.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,575 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you have just purchased it, i'd return it for another one.

I've seen this from a few people and obviously it is a physical issue. It is possible to fix it I believe as it is a felt damper that is possibly not quite aligned inside so the key hits on plastic but as a new keyboard it is a warranty issue so if purchased from a store, I'd ask them to exchange for a new one.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,575 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you have just purchased it, i'd return it for another one.

I've seen this from a few people and obviously it is a physical issue. It is possible to fix it I believe as it is a felt damper that is possibly not quite aligned inside so the key hits on plastic but as a new keyboard it is a warranty issue so if purchased from a store, I'd ask them to exchange for a new one.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod

And if you bought the keyboard from us or wish to have additional information you can contact our Hardware departement here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware