How to increase the pitch modulation range without scripting?

NIMichi
NIMichi Member Posts: 11 Member

The pitch modulation range is very limited if used with modulators like envelopes or LFOs a.s.o. Is there a possibility to increase that range to full pitch range without scripting or using more than one modulator?

Thanks for your help!

Im using Kontakt 5, so it is possible that it is working differently within Kontakt 7.

But maybe someone know.

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

In 'Edit' at the 'Source' Level a Pitchbend is added by default and set to 2.0 when creating a new instrument. There you you can increase it to 12.0

To create knobs like most KFL instruments have for Up and Down you would have to script.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

In 'Edit' at the 'Source' Level a Pitchbend is added by default and set to 2.0 when creating a new instrument. There you you can increase it to 12.0

To create knobs like most KFL instruments have for Up and Down you would have to script.

• NIMichi
    edited April 2023

First I thought it solves my problem but with the zone envelopes it has no effect, the just modulate the pitch within +/- 12 semitones...

But the DBD envelope modulate the full range.

• Gee_Flat
    edited April 2023

So what you're looking for is extreme pitch oscillation by way of modulation?

Put an LFO modulator on the 'Source' set to full. Then in the modulation editor at the bottom add a Midi cc modulator and set it to intensity. Then try the mod wheel.

https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/kontakt-manual/en/modulation-in-kontakt

• NIMichi

As I said, some of the modulators like the zone envelope is limited to +/-12 semitones, I dont use Pitchwheel, I just use modulators like envelopes inside Kontakt.

• Gee_Flat

You never mentioned zone envelopes in title or original post, but now I understand.

No, Kontakt 7 zone envelopes are identical. Tune to +/-12. What were you hoping for, +/-36? The only way I know to do that is by adding multiple pitchbends to a group.

You can download the Kontakt 7 Player and edit an instrument in demo to see for yourself.