So there's no working solution for "Download Failed" mystery in NA 2? (Windows10)

remedydub
remedydub Member Posts: 20 Member
edited April 2023 in Native Access

Hi All,

So if I understand right, from posts here, if the "Download Failed" bug hits NA2 (Dark Version) You just don't get access to your product until NI fix it, right?

I swear I've tried it all

Tagged:

Best Answer

• remedydub
    Answer ✓

Maybe I hadn't tried it all? I uninstalled all my VS C++ redistributables and reinstalled what I could- on reinstall some of those threw a few errors- I guess time will tell what wont work anymore. Most errors reinstalling the VS libraries seemed to be related to VC 2019 Redistributables.

First I used the Windows command line Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Then I followed the instructions here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2jiWYo_1E

Downloaded the tool from the dodgy website, and then the other dodgy looking tool they mention in the comments (newer version) and now my broken NI stuff will actually install.

Weird, annoying, confusing.. And I want my creative life to not be troubleshooting this kinda thing

I hope it lasts..

Answers

• Shockwave199
    Shockwave199 Member Posts: 16 Member

Actually it happened to me in the light version as well. Since I figured the first thing they'd have me do is update NA to the dark version I did that and this still happens. There has to be a solution besides being stuck with nothing but being out of hundreds of dollars not being able to install a library. This is insane.

• remedydub
    Answer ✓

Maybe I hadn't tried it all? I uninstalled all my VS C++ redistributables and reinstalled what I could- on reinstall some of those threw a few errors- I guess time will tell what wont work anymore. Most errors reinstalling the VS libraries seemed to be related to VC 2019 Redistributables.

First I used the Windows command line Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Then I followed the instructions here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2jiWYo_1E

Downloaded the tool from the dodgy website, and then the other dodgy looking tool they mention in the comments (newer version) and now my broken NI stuff will actually install.

Weird, annoying, confusing.. And I want my creative life to not be troubleshooting this kinda thing

I hope it lasts..

• Shockwave199

I'm not going down that weird path for a fix. Hopefully NI will toss me a direct download for the iso file and get this library installed.

• 2pods
    2pods Member Posts: 33 Member

My NA2 downloads everything except an Komplete Kontrol update 2.91 update on my laptop, yet everything downloads just fine on my desktop.

Very weird.

Until this is fixed we should be given direct download links to current updates

• Shockwave199

Bump. How long does it take to hear from them on an open support ticket about a library with this issue? Time is money here and unfortunately this is really holding me up. I spent the money but can't use the product. If support reads this, help please! Thank you!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Do you have problem to download, or to install?

There is/has been problem with installation of several plugins that is/has been caused by Windows Defender... Microsoft has to fix it.

But in my case I have managed to install all troublesome updates on Win10. There are several threads about it on this forum.

• Shockwave199

The problem is the download doesn't finish downloading.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I have never experienced that (Win7 and 2xWin10), so I have no idea....

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Shockwave199 I see that my colleagies provided a working solution within 3 days.