Cinestrings Core 2.0 update GUI Problem

Meteora
Meteora Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi there,

i first downloaded the cinestrings core 2.0 update via Native Access and after getting 83 GB of Folder Size the GUI was the old from Version 1.4. Than I read an article that says I need Native Access 2 so I download that and re install cinestrings core 2.0 again but also has the old GUI but after re installing a Window pops out in Native Access that says that cinestrings 2.0 need Kontakt 7. But the description on the cinesamples site says it needs Kontakf 6.7.1 and higher, not Kontakt 7. Also the Native Access 2 Window doesn’t update the folder information of Cinestrings Core to the new Version name and folder size. Has anybody an idea to resolve this?

Best Answer

• aidenstunes
    aidenstunes Member Posts: 163 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Dear Meteora,

I might try getting in touch with Cinesamples at first. Maybe they have got a better insight than NI on what's going on with their products. If Kontakt 7 is indeed required for some reason, even though their website indeed say "6.7.1 or higher", then the Kontakt 7 player is free. Can you try using it?

If you open up the the library and all you get is the old GUI, or you sure that the update succeeded at all? Do you get a pop up that reassures that the update completed successfully? It should be a tiny pop up with a green V mark.

Answers

• aidenstunes
    aidenstunes Member Posts: 163 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Dear Meteora,

I might try getting in touch with Cinesamples at first. Maybe they have got a better insight than NI on what's going on with their products. If Kontakt 7 is indeed required for some reason, even though their website indeed say "6.7.1 or higher", then the Kontakt 7 player is free. Can you try using it?

If you open up the the library and all you get is the old GUI, or you sure that the update succeeded at all? Do you get a pop up that reassures that the update completed successfully? It should be a tiny pop up with a green V mark.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

The only thing higher than Kontakt 6.7.1 is Kontakt 7, so what they are implying is that the product needs one or the other to run versions 1.4 or 2.0.

If you already have projects using Kontakt 6 it's probably recommended that continue using it with 1.4. There seems to be some issues with the K7 plugins for Komplete Kontrol and DAW support. If you download K7 to try out the 2.0, then run K7 as a standalone app, but make sure you change preferences in NA so that you can control where the plugins are stored.

• Meteora
    Meteora Member Posts: 12 Member

many thanks for your reply’s. For now I take my backup version of CineStrings core version 1.4 because of some projects and try to update the library later. If other cinesamples library’s also get this updated it would be also an option to wait and then have all library’s with the same gui and improvements.