Traktor D2 4 controller setup

DJHeywood
DJHeywood Member Posts: 4 Member

I had this working once but haven't tried in a real long time and can't find the info I had back then. I want to use one D2 per Traktor deck (total of 4). Control Editor set them up as D2-1 AC D2-1 BD D-2 AC D2-2 BD

Within Traktor you add D-2's in controller manager. The list goes D2 D2-2 D2-3 but I can't get the last deck to go D2-4. Target each deck as well. Just shows up NA. I can plug the 4th with the same USB into a different computer and it shows up so it's not the device. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,719 mod
    Answer ✓

No, it works with 4. Just do it like this:

1. Load the mappings manually, all 4 of them.
    2. Connect #1 and #2
    3. Disconnect #1
    4. Connect #3
    5. Disconnect #2
    6. Connect #4
    7. Reconnect #1 and #2

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

It was not possible to use more then 2 D2s. At least in past. It may have changed later on....

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

No, it works with 4. Just do it like this:

1. Load the mappings manually, all 4 of them.
    2. Connect #1 and #2
    3. Disconnect #1
    4. Connect #3
    5. Disconnect #2
    6. Connect #4
    7. Reconnect #1 and #2
  • Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,651 mod
  • Sûlherokhh

@Stevan

Looks like it. I have connected more than 2 only a couple of times over the past 2 years and had to do it each time, although i may have used different USB ports. If you connect them to the same exact USB ports it may be different. I haven't done it in a while; Traktor tends to react slightly jerky the more HID devices are connected. 🐭

• DJHeywood
    edited April 2023

I'll give it a try. I seem to remember it being easier some how. And it will hold 3 no problem and come back alive everytime. You may just have to tell each unit what number it is. It's that 4th Pesky unit that never wants to take. Thanks. I'll see if that works and what happens if they are all hooked to a decent hub after a on off routine. 3 will actually suffice for what I want to do as I am running an additional 4 channels from another system into a live deck on 4 anyway but figured I mind as well see if I can get everything hooked up again

• Sûlherokhh
  • Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,651 mod
    edited April 2023

That sucks man. Good to know though so thank you for the insight.

• DJHeywood

So far working like a dream with the above settings. Can tell the computer is having a lot of fun but keeping up. This is nice (not flipping pages). Have My SC6000's running behind each USB channel. I still find it amazing how much smoother some things go when playing on traktor over competitors. Loops, Cues - no sync on and you can just let three/four decks ride and they stay where they need to be. Effects easy as hell on these. But yes - works well. Just gonna have to make notes.

• DJHeywood

Nice to dust them off.

• Sûlherokhh