Maschine MK3 and Strymon BigSky

giovannibiancofiore
giovannibiancofiore Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello everyone, and thanks to all participants for the exchanges and help.

I have an issue that I have searched and tried, but I haven't been able to fix.

I have a Maschine MK3 normally connected to my pc (windows 11, 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K). I don't use the internal sound card of the MK3 but I use an M Audio M Track Quad.

I would like to do this: connect the MK3's output to the Strymon BigSky's input and then of course to the M Audio Quad's in. Afterwards I would then record in Ableton Live.

I thought it was simple but instead I haven't been able to get (because the MK3 has a complex sound routing setup, I think it's about it) what I want.

I state that my BigSky is perfectly functional because I use it with other synths and devices in my setup.

I can hear and use the MK3 correctly from the headphones connected to the M Track Quad but the sound is not processed by the BigSky, so nothing comes out of the MK3 output.

Could you help me step by step please?

I thank you in advance

Giovanni

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Assuming you want to use the Maschine standalone application and have the MK3 Audio driver selected in the preferences make sure you enable this:

If then you hear sound coming of the headphones it should also be coming from the Line-Out and your problem is elsewhere.

Answers

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor

The MK3 doesn't make any noise of its own unless you use it as a soundcard.

A better thing to do would be to use an aux send on Maschine's channel in your DAW (or Maschine software standalone) and use the M Audio output 3/4 as the send, into the Strymon, then return the Strymon output back into M audio inputs as an aux return channel (100% wet) then you can balance the reverb with the dry channel.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Assuming you want to use the Maschine standalone application and have the MK3 Audio driver selected in the preferences make sure you enable this:

If then you hear sound coming of the headphones it should also be coming from the Line-Out and your problem is elsewhere.

• giovannibiancofiore
    giovannibiancofiore Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2023

Hi D-One and basehead617,

Thank you,very kind to reply. I'll check to see if this fixes it. Have a nice day🙂