Can't find Massive sounds in Maschine

drizzykenneth
drizzykenneth Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Hello Guys,

I would like to use massive sounds in Maschine. And I already loaded all of them into Maschine. I can see all the folders. Like you can see in the picture. Unfortunately there are no sounds in them (in the Maschine software). Like you can see in the second picture….

But if I search them on my pc they are all of them there.

Can someone help me please?

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    Answer ✓

@Murat Kayi wrote:

If that is the extension of Massive Presets, you can not load them directly from Maschine. Maschine Sounds end in .mxsnd

You can load Massive presets (nmsv) directly in Maschine but you have to use the User Library Browser and not the file browser.

@drizzykenneth wrote:

I would like to use massive sounds in Maschine. And I already loaded all of them into Maschine.

What do you mean by „loaded into Masche“?

You have to place your custom Massive presets to the user library folder and then let Maschine rescan the user library folder.

The user library is usually located here:

~/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/

Put the nmvs files here;

~/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/Massive/[Bank Name]/[Preset Name]

Then either restart Maschine which should automatically rescan the user library at start up, or go to the Preferences>Library and initiate the rescan from there.

After the rescan, your Massive presets will show up in the Library Browser in the User mode/tab.

Answers

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

What is the filename extension of those files?

• drizzykenneth

file Name is .nmsv

• Murat Kayi

If that is the extension of Massive Presets, you can not load them directly from Maschine. Maschine Sounds end in .mxsnd

You would have to load them from Massive I guess

• ozon
    Answer ✓

@Murat Kayi wrote:

You can load Massive presets (nmsv) directly in Maschine but you have to use the User Library Browser and not the file browser.

@drizzykenneth wrote:

I would like to use massive sounds in Maschine. And I already loaded all of them into Maschine.

What do you mean by „loaded into Masche“?

You have to place your custom Massive presets to the user library folder and then let Maschine rescan the user library folder.

The user library is usually located here:

~/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/

Put the nmvs files here;

~/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/Massive/[Bank Name]/[Preset Name]

Then either restart Maschine which should automatically rescan the user library at start up, or go to the Preferences>Library and initiate the rescan from there.

After the rescan, your Massive presets will show up in the Library Browser in the User mode/tab.

• Murat Kayi

Thanks @ozon for putting it right! Sorry @drizzykenneth for causing confusion. The learning never stops lol

• drizzykenneth

I really did exactly what very step like you said. But I still can’t see my sounds :(

Next step:

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

You're still in the Files browser... What you're looking for is here:

• ozon
  • drizzykenneth

Haha thank you guys!! All the sounds are in. But not my self created sounds. They are not in there :(

• loachm
    loachm Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2022

... you can access them via you user files in the browser, if they are in that folder (PC):

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Massive\[folder name]

...and the single nmsv files have to have a proper bank tag etc. to be recognised by Maschine's library (you need to do a rescan of you user library).

• loachm

...and after that you might wonder, where are the controller mappings. The problem still is, that the preset needs to have been saved with a proper Maschine mapping in place, so if you've done some presets with Massive standalone, most likely the preset won't appear with a proper Maschine mapping, but rather with Massive's host automation id list. This is also true for most third-party preset packs, that have been created prior to the launch NKS or without any knowledge about it...

• ozon
    edited February 2022

Have you changed to the User Library?

To do so, hit the human silhouette Icon at the top right side.

@loachm wrote:

... you can access them via you user files in the browser, if they are in that folder (PC):

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Massive\[folder name]

That is exactly not the way to do it.

• loachm

...that is exactly the way to do it, because that is the default user content folder, which can be automatically scanned upon starting Maschine, if that setting is switched on in the preferences (thus no worries about missing content). You can set up your own folders as well, but using this one is the most convenient. So in any case the files have to be in that folder or any other set up in the preferences to show up in the user tab of the Maschine browser. All content, that is supposed to show up in the Maschine browser, has to be recognised by the database, so Maschine needs to scan folders. I suppose, that was the OP's misunderstanding. But thanks for your useful explanation.

• ozon
  • loachm

...which I did not write, he should use. But I see, how my brief answer could be misinterpreted.