Traktor Audio 6 - issues with output (Traktor Scratch)

bluesky2006
bluesky2006 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Since a gig last year, the left channel of the B outputs on my Audio 6 box doesn't work.

The DJ booth was underneath a smoke machine in an outdoor environment during the summer and I think the smoke fog somehow caused the damage, although this is speculative. Suffice to say, conditions probably weren't optimal, but it was my party and my set up so only myself to blame really.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of the more technical of you might know what could cause just one of the channels of an output pair to fail like that, and if it COULD be an easy fix (such as replacing the output ports) or if it's likely to be more sinister, like blown components/traces.

I should mention that I tried reversing the cable and the issue isn't with my mixer/speakers/amp (normal vinyl plays fine). Traktor also throws up no errors - in fact, in the Settings it registers that audio is being sent out of the B outputs (ie, the horizontal bars bounce to the music).

Can anyone help?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you could try to clean with propylenglycol or contact cleaner, maybe you´ve got some sticky film on the contacts.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you could try to clean with propylenglycol or contact cleaner, maybe you´ve got some sticky film on the contacts.

• bluesky2006
    bluesky2006 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I did open the box up to see if there was any gunk there but it looks pretty clean to be honest - nothing filmy to the touch. It might be worth a go anyway. Thanks.

• Uwe303

ohh i forgot to ask for the level meters, they still work?