Have to Re-Scan Library in Komplete Kontrol every time I launch

dcesarblock
dcesarblock Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi All

Not sure if this is a known issue. Im on Mac OS 13 Ventura. Every time I launch Komplete Kontrol, its as if I had no libraries installed. I have to go to the settings, Library and select all the existing paths, re-scan them and after that they will show up in both the keyboard screen and the software version of it. Any suggestions>

Thanks in advance>

Best Answer

Answers

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Pro
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if it's a mac only issue, but it sounds like it's not reading your database file.

First, try this:

My KOMPLETE KONTROL Browser is Empty or Incomplete – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

If it's still not working, it might be a fille permissions issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Also make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Crite3000
    Crite3000 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello, everyone; I had no issues at all. Running my MacBook Pro 2015 with the same hard drive that I had all my libraries in. Now I've migrated to my Intel i9 MacBook Pro which was in my music studio and had different libraries on another hard drive. I thought that I could re-direct the libraries to the hard drive in my bedroom, which has the same exact libraries, and it did not work. I have to rescan the library every time the I-9 is currently on Ventura, and it was working perfectly in my studio, but since I moved to a new hard drive and rescan, plug-ins, and libraries, it has not been working properly. It just keeps saying plug-ins are not found.

• Crite3000

This is how I have it configured, pointing to the right external hard drive, and it's still not working. Can someone please help me

• Crite3000

And this is what I get every single time. I've been doing this for 35 hours now and nothing no YouTube video no nothing and help me and I've even went on the support area of native instruments and cannot find anything addressing this. I am so lost. Please help me.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 446 Pro

If you want some help you need to let us know what version of Komplete Kontrol and Native Instruments you have running on the different computers. It's pretty likely you have a mismatch in one of those areas.