About naming audio files for mapping them in Kontakt.

kerubin76
kerubin76 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Scripting Workshop

I'm creating an instrument in Kontakt. I've recorded the audio files to map them, and everything is working correctly for the corresponding files from the C0 to C8 octaves.

I have named the files in this way, so Kontakt detects them correctly and maps them well:

• alphapad_D#1.wav

However, I have named the files corresponding to the C-2 and C-1 octaves in the following way, and Kontakt does not map them, as it detects the negative symbol of the octave as a string separator:

• alphapad_D#-1.wav

Does anyone know the correct way to name the files corresponding to C-2 and C-1 octaves so that Kontakt maps them correctly?

Thanks in advance,

David

Tagged:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

That was always a mystery to me. I did some digging and apparently midi note numbers should work. Don't ask me anything beyond that, because I don't know. 😎

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

I guess it's a bug that no-one has noticed over the last 20 years because it's unusual to want to automap samples down there.

You could set up a new empty group, perhaps in a seperate instance of Kontakt, map your -1 samples there, drag them down 2 octaves, and cut and paste into the relevant group with the others. Probably wouldn't save a lot of time.