NI forum, new site design: Dark mode

Diam
Diam Member Posts: 210 Helper
edited March 2023 in Social Club

Is it me, or is the new site design on this NI forum way too bright? Something to do with the new colour scheme is really uncomfortable on my eyes. I have to rush to find a post to avoid burning my irises.

Have noticed since the migration, I spend less time reading posts as I have to limit my screen time due to the glare.

I feel the site was somehow easier to navigate previously and kind of preferred the simple layout of the previous design.

And that's.. my 2pence. For what its worth... Not much in this current economy...Even less in space...Where was I going with this?...Oh yeah. Site design!

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Can't agree with any of this ... but the last paragraph was worth the read ... hahaha 😂

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    edited March 2023

Yep, it’s been commented and requested and I can agree 100% to have some option to at least switch to a dark mode. I use a chrome plug-in to switch the site to a more darker tone with white text.

• Diam

Good to know, that it has been mentioned and is not just my light phobia.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

@Diam no its not just you. Ignore the first worthless response altogether. The amount of white on these pages feels like knives cutting into your eyes. I cannot understand why NI cant give us a choice. There are many people who have voiced their concerns. It seriously needs to happen.

And I don't want plugins that phone home either to deal with this. It should be natively supported on websites and it can't come soon enough.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Diam thanks for the feedback. A light/dark mode switch isn't something that's available out of the box unfortunately, but I see that our platform provider is getting similar requests - so hopefully they'll consider adding this at some point in the future.

In the meantime, here's a workaround: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/9340/dark-mode-for-forum

• Diam

Thanks Kaiwan. Can't say I am interested in purchasing another tool just to remedy this, but hopefully it gets sorted.