Presets stopped loading into projects on FL Studio

trilobiter
trilobiter Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi there! I've been using Komplete and some of the other free plugins for a while, and I'm very happy with them. Unfortunately, after adding a new plugin to FL Studio and refreshing the plugin list, all of the Native Instruments presets, settings and effects I used in previous projects were completely reloaded. I don't know if this data is anywhere or can be restored, but I'm not sure what to do since it'd be pretty tedious to find the same instrument I used for every one of my channels. Alternatively, I recall having two different forms of Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt in my plugin library- one a VST3, and the other either a VST or VST2. I can't remember which one the second plugin may have been, but only the VST3 versions of Native products show up now. Any idea as to what happened? I'm finally getting the motivation to work on music again, and I really don't want this to be an issue. Thanks!

P.S. the MIDI notes in my patterns are still there, it's just the exact preset I chose that seems to be gone (reloaded in a fresh state as shown by the image below).

Answers

• Mr Nox
    Mr Nox Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm running into this same problem and it's extremely defeating. Almost all of my projects for the last few years have primarily used Komplete Kontrol for most -- if not all -- instruments. Having them all reset to init feels like all my projects have effectively been deleted. Really hoping there's a fix or that it's just a temporary bug. Otherwise, that's years of work down the drain.

• trilobiter
    trilobiter Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi there! Good news- I've resolved the issue, and I hope it works for you too.

First, open up your plugin manager (assuming you use FL Studio).

The solution (at least for me) was actually pretty easy. It turned out "Combine presets for identical plugins" was the issue; it was somehow enabled when I did the scan for my new plugins. After that, most of my Komplete instruments were messed up.

Go ahead and uncheck that, and rescan- the regular VSTs should be available afterwards (and thank god, all of my projects loaded exactly how they used to be).

If that doesn't work, I also went and reinstalled all of my Native plugins, which you can do easily in Native Access. I hope this works for anyone else looking for a solution!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

There are a few ongoing issues with Kontakt / Komplete Kontrol not finding what Kontakt libraries were used. For all of you affected here, do you remember what kind of instruments were in these Komplete Kontrol tracks? Were they Kontakt libraries?