Kontakt 5: Saving Monolith from Factory Library

Mark Wesse
Mark Wesse Member Posts: 45 Member

Hi

I work with musicians that I need to provide a ready to go split/layered komplete kontrol instrument for them to gig with me.

Being that KK supports only 1 instrument at this time, I have had to hack many of the instruments into kontakt with the splits and layers.

Some of the players use eg K88 mkii but didnt buy the full versions of software because of the above reason and use other stuff...so I have to use something like the factory library eg export patches and was wanting to save as a monolith instrument so they can easily load up the setlist with encapsulated files etc

BUT

The save options are greyed out?

I read through the manual briefly, did a search on monolith but it did not furnish any exceptions and if this is the case, how are working musicians meant to interchange protected libs. The could easily use the player because its specifically only for my arrangments etc

Cheers

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

@Mark Wesse These libraries are protected. The save with monolith is something for user created Kontakt instruments, not for commercial libraries.

If you want to exchange multis of Kontakt containing commercial libraries, these libraries used must be installed and activated on your musicians computers.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

@Mark Wesse These libraries are protected. The save with monolith is something for user created Kontakt instruments, not for commercial libraries.

If you want to exchange multis of Kontakt containing commercial libraries, these libraries used must be installed and activated on your musicians computers.

• Mark Wesse
    Mark Wesse Member Posts: 45 Member

Thanks

Appreciated