Komplete Kontrol Plugin not loaded correctly after saved in Ableton

jan.the.man
jan.the.man Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there,

I have (probably since some weeks) the Problem, that whenever I load Komplete Kontrol and a Kontakt library inside (e.g. Hybrid Keys), as soon as I save and re-open the project, the Komplete Kontrol plugin is loaded, I can see the kontakt library but the sound isn't loaded. Only selected (in the image below it is "90s Anthems" which should be loaded).

I have to re-open every komplete kontrol instance (with kontakt libraries) and double-click the needed preset to load it.

Has anybody had a similar issue or knows a way out?

BR,

Jan

Best Answer

• jan.the.man
    Answer ✓

Hi DunedinDragon,

thanks for your input - of course this is how I'm working, usually it was never a problem saving an ableton project when having multiple kk plugins loaded. I normally select an instrument via keyboard, save the project and re-open it later on. Somehow it didn't work here. I just re-scanned the plugins with the KK app and now I can't reproduce the error anymore - think it's solved.

BR

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 434 Pro

It kind of sounds like you never formally loaded the instrument into that instance of Komplete Kontrol that's running in Ableton. In other words once you select the preset you have to double click it and all the other stuff on the left of the screen disappears and you simply have the instrument displayed in a Kontakt type setting. At that point you would have a track in Ableton that has the instance of Komplete Kontrol (assuming you loaded that track with a KK instance in the first place) and if you select it and open it from the devices shown at the bottom of your screen you Instrument will come up for you to directly make changes to it. All of that is saved along with your Ableton project.

• jan.the.man
    Answer ✓

Hi DunedinDragon,

thanks for your input - of course this is how I'm working, usually it was never a problem saving an ableton project when having multiple kk plugins loaded. I normally select an instrument via keyboard, save the project and re-open it later on. Somehow it didn't work here. I just re-scanned the plugins with the KK app and now I can't reproduce the error anymore - think it's solved.

BR