How di i get rid of this message in guitar rig 6?

infoomse
infoomse Member Posts: 6 Member

No other programs running exept cubase 12.

Best Answer

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

If there is no other instance of Guitar Rig 6 running then this error points to a problem with the database file. It might be read-only or is somehow corrupted.

You can try a library reset via the Preferences or you can manually delete your database folder.

You'll find that folder here:

Windows: YourUserFolder\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Guitar Rig 6\Database\

Mac: YourUserFolder/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 6/Database/

Answers

• Eddie_NI

Is there a Guitar Rig 6 loaded in Cubase? Does this message also appear when Cubase is not started?

• infoomse
    infoomse Member Posts: 6 Member

No just when I start Cubase.

I think that it was because I had guitar rig 5 plug-in in the same project.

• Eddie_NI

This message only appears when you have multiple instances of Guitar Rig 6 running. It should not be affected by Guitar Rig 5, they are not connected products.

Maybe there was an instance of Guitar Rig 6 loaded in Cubase or an instance that was removed was not completely unloaded by Cubase and was lingering somewhere in the background.

• Soaria
    Soaria Member Posts: 12 Member

I get this same popup every time now, no matter what else is running, whether I've just rebooted, DAW, no DAW, all my DAWs... there is something corrupted in GR6's database, but I can't figure out what needs resetting. It still works, it's just irritating to see this popup every time.

• Eddie_NI
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

If there is no other instance of Guitar Rig 6 running then this error points to a problem with the database file. It might be read-only or is somehow corrupted.

You can try a library reset via the Preferences or you can manually delete your database folder.

You'll find that folder here:

Windows: YourUserFolder\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Guitar Rig 6\Database\

Mac: YourUserFolder/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 6/Database/

• Soaria
    Soaria Member Posts: 12 Member

Okay, I had a gr6dbLock file there, and deleting it made the popup go away. Thanks!