Maschine Plus - Unable to Factory Reset - is this required for Sale / License Transfer?

DLD123
DLD123 Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi,

Hope someone might be able to help, have a Maschine Plus - SD Card reader not working stuck on Update - unable to factory reset. Selling maschine, if I transfer Maschine Plus License to new owner will they be able to use the hardware? Will they be register owner? Will removing / disconnecting from Wifi be sufficient? Will the license transfer reset hardware as well? Thank you for help in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

@DLD123 It looks like a hardware issue, you'll need to get the unit repaired before selling it. I see my colleagues got back to you, I'm forwarding the information from this thread to them.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited March 2023

Hello,

have you tried to reset without the SD card inserted? If you are then also stuck and can't reach the reset, you'll have to contact support. Otherwise I won't sell it.

• DLD123

Thank you @uwe303 - yes I have unfortunately no luck, I can't understand why it restricted to the SD card to reset, as there's no mention of this in any guide that I can find. Already committed to sell it and have raised support request 3 days ago or so no response.

• Uwe303

Maybe @Jeremy_NI can ask and find out about your tiket.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023

@DLD123 So, the SD card is inserted in the M+? What happens when it's not inserted?

You are connected to the internet from the M+?

Have you tried this? Maschine Plus stuck on startup screen

Do you have another SD card reader to check the SD card and eventually reformat it to exFAT or FAT32 ?

Once formatted, try reset the device to default:

MAKE SURE THAT YOU FORMATTED THE ORIGINAL SD-CARD:

1) Access Maschine+

2) Then press the FILE/Save button

3) Press soft button 6 for STORAGE

4) Press soft button 7 for FORMAT

THEN RESET THE DEVICE:

1) Press the SETTINGS button

2) Navigate to the tab "System"

3) Keep the SHIFT button pressed and press soft button 4 for RESET

• DLD123

hi i have tried above method but as mentioned before the sd card reader is not working. no matter which card original or new which i purchased in case original was corrupted i get the same message - please insert sd card. its not recognizing the insertion of any card, no issue with sd reader pins or slot. is there a way to hard reset the hardware? is it possible for you to remote on to device / remote wipe? the original software applied to the maschine plus did not require a sd card to apply only subsequent updates. can the usb ports be used to apply update? thank you for help in advance

• Jeremy_NI

I don't think we would be able to do anything remotely. Have you tried the thing with the nut file like in this article Maschine Plus stuck on startup screen ?

Have you tried to reformat the card with another SD card reader than the M+?

Can you post photos of the error messages about the SD card?

• DLD123

Hi Jeremy thanks for quick response, yes I have tried the nut file process no luck, the message is just what you get if you don't have an SD card inserted, if I then click to update it fails no SD card found

• DLD123

Close up of sd reader without card inserted the pins appear to align to other sd readers I have

• DLD123

To provide further context this issue with no sd card found happened when trying to apply this update, the update was unsuccessful and then after that it keeps stating no sd card.

• Uwe303

Have you tried some 3rd party program to format the SD card like SD card formatter? Those programs format the SD card automatically with the right specs. Even if i think it will not help, maybe worth a try

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited March 2023

Can you hook up your Maschine+ to your computer and put the M+ in storage mode? Do you get access to the SD card that way?

If not, I’d assume the SD card reader is physically not connected to the main board anymore.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

@DLD123 It looks like a hardware issue, you'll need to get the unit repaired before selling it. I see my colleagues got back to you, I'm forwarding the information from this thread to them.