Super 8 CC number?

wavebasix
wavebasix Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Could somebody tell me what the cc numbers are for the Super 8 synth. I like to control it from my hardware midi controller but cannot find any info how to assig cc to the software controls?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @wavebasix There are no fixed CCs, you should be able to MIDI learn the parameters in your DAW.

• wavebasix

I tried to learn the controls in the Super 8 but I cannot find any way how to do it.

• Jeremy_NI

What DAW are you using?

• wavebasix

I am using Cubase

• Jeremy_NI

And what kind of MIDI controller?

• wavebasix

Several midi controllers some equipement from nektar, NI Maschine and more

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

how do you have added those midi controllers, they can totally differ in terms of integration. For example nektar has nektarin or what it's called, native has komplete kontrol for the kk keyboards. But you can of course add every controller as a generic midi controller/keyboard and then learn should work. And additionally you can set a controller to the quick controls. So you set some parameters as QC and your controller is automatically mapped if you select the channel. Unfortunately it's not so easy, but once you've found the way that fits your needs it's really great. What cubase version do you use?

• wavebasix

I use 12 pro but normally you can right click on the control and select learn. But with the Super 8 I do not see this option.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited April 2023

Sounds like you're using Super 8 R2. The Reaktor based Super 8 can be MIDI learned with the MIDI learn system of Reaktor (yes, that works in Reaktor by right-clicking any Super 8 control, and choosing OSC & MIDI learn).

For Super 8 R2, you have to resort to Cubase's MIDI learn system. Check the manual, they change it a lot, and it looks like they deprecated the VST Quick Controls and Track Controls now as well, so, I have no idea how you do it. Might have to use the Generic MIDI Remote thing.

To be honest, MIDI learning in Cubase has always been a mess for me. I used to own Cubase Elements and Artist, and, frankly, I could never wrap my head around it. It's bloated, and there are at least 3 or 4 different ways to achieve the same.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

https://youtu.be/GbypqpdtOFg maybe this helps you to get started with the new controller editor. Unfortunately it's far from finished and is missing stuff i could do (still can but how long) with the old integration. But that new midi integration has also lots of advantages. But strangely for inserts i can have several pages of 8 knobs but not with those focus quick controls. If you use mackie control you have those pages of 8 knobs for all FX and instruments......but steinberg still developes that system and as far as I know one user even made a mackie work with a script within this new system, with screens and everything working unfortunately i can't program.