Where to purchase Kontakt 6 Full Version

Amanda Cawley
Amanda Cawley Member Posts: 1 Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the full version of Kontakt 6 anywhere now that the Kontakt 7 version is out? I am running on an older operating system MacOS Mojave 10.14 that won't support Kontakt 7 and there are some sampler libraries I am trying to use that require the full version of Kontakt 6 or higher. I currently own Kontakt 5 full version.

If I upgrade my MacOS, my version of Protools will no longer be compatible, and it would start a chain effect of upgrading everything which I don't want to do since I own a perpetual licence of Protools and don't want to switch to a subscription based service.

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

You must be looking to run some specific instruments that require K6, otherwise the Factory Library isn't all that different from K4 to K6.

It's gonna be hard to get K6 and according to the comapatability chart your system runs v6.0 and nothing later.

Honestly, it wouldn't kill NI to offer a rollback to K6 for customers who purchase K7. What's the diff?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Amanda Cawley unfortunately we only provide support for the latest version of our software 😕

You might find someone selling their K6 license in our Buy/Sell/Trade thread here.

• Jaegerme1ster
    Jaegerme1ster Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I have this same issue. I found legacy installers for Kontakt 5 but not 6. Where can I download the full version of Kontakt 6 please? I purchased Kontakt 7 today but can’t use it due to my OS and I only need Kontakt 6 specifically to run a particular third party library that only runs in demo mode in Kontakt player 6 🤯

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited May 2023

@Jaegerme1ster To use the full version of Kontakt 6, you will need a license for it. Purchasing Kontakt 7 won't automatically give you one.

Follow the link that Kaiwan posted, ask if someone sells a license. Once you register one, you will see Kontakt 6 in Native Access.

• Jaegerme1ster
    Jaegerme1ster Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Thanks for your help. I’ve asked NI for a refund for Kontakt 7 and will then try and buy Kontakt 6 from somewhere/someone?! Including that forum you suggested….cheers.

• Zdzislaw
    Zdzislaw Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yes, but Kontakt 7 is not optimized enough for Logic Pro. I owned Komplete Ultimate 14 with Kontakt 7. It crashes (often) Logic with presets changes, search bar doesn't work - can't type any text in search field.

Kontakt 6 player works good and I would like also to have ability to obtain Kontakt 6 full.

• anilnc
    anilnc Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi, I'm looking to buy Kontakt 6 upgrade from Kontakt 5. There are couple of project that I receive from my clients where they all used Kontakt 6. I can buy Kontakt 7 as well but prefer to have K6 full version available for I don't how many times I'll have to deal with such projects.