Using a new User account on Mac OS 12.6

MistaluvXIO
MistaluvXIO Member Posts: 14 Member

So I decided I wanted to run only music software on my Mac in a brand new squeaky clean user account. I will still keep my first user account but keep music separate in a new accounts. This way to avoid any little issues or settings etc with my music programs., like a fresh start for only the music software, no desktop clutter etc lol. So the problem is, I thought because everything is all installed on the Mac already I could just open it up on a new user account and get going but I find out that my MK3 or S88 is not showing up in Maschine, Maschine software in the new user account is working as well as sounds and expansions etc but the hardware is not. I also discover the when trying to open Native Access it says it’s trying to install dependencies but then a minute later it say it’s taking longer than usual to install the dependencies and then it just a hangs there and never opens.

Is there something special I need to do to use everything in a new user account? What if I want 3 or 4 different user accounts, can this software only operate correctly under the original account it was first installed in? do I need to uninstall everything that can with my MK3 like Maschine, KOMPLETE 13 Select, Kontrol, Kontact and whatever else came with it and reinstall to the new user account? Please help.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,632 mod

@MistaluvXIO Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Native Access and all your NI applications: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also include the NTKDAemon in that list, as explained in this article.

• MistaluvXIO
    edited March 2023

I was successfully able to run my hardware again however Native Access still has this problem when trying to open it. It keeps doing this even after giving Native Access Full Disk Access. What do I need to do about this?

thanks.

• Jeremy_NI

Did you also give the NTKDaemon Full Disk Access and restarted your computer?

• MistaluvXIO

Yes I did everything you mentioned in the first post. This hang is only happening in the new User Account. It works fine in the original user account. I just updated the Access to 3.2.1 as well and it did not fix anything related to this issue. I wonder if Native Access can only be installed an Accessed from one user account. I have to go back to the original user account to check what's installed on my system. if I uninstall Native Access, just to reinstall it on the new user Admin account, will it change anything on my system, will it read the directories of all the applications, instruments, expansions, etc?

• Jeremy_NI

@MistaluvXIO For Native Access, here is what you can do:

We think the problem is that this folder is created with permissions for the user account you open NA with:That should be fixed by these steps:

1. Make sure Native Access is closed.
    2. Navigate to the following directory:
    3. Macintosh HD > Users > Shared
    4. Delete the "Native Instruments" folder.
    5. Restart Native Access.

For Maschine and Komplete Kontrol I would recommend to reinstall from your new music account.

• Jeremy_NI

@MistaluvXIO Is everything working now?

• MistaluvXIO

Hello…I’m sorry I have not logged in for some time now…I will try this tonight. Thanks.