Kontakt factory library problem...

Adalbert
Adalbert Member Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2023 in Kontakt

Hi guys,

today I received my brand new macbook air m1. Was so happy to get to the next level till... Kontakt factory library seems to be my nightmare. 25 gb of... damage... I cant install that package at all... tried few times - all the same.

Help please...please.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Adalbert
    Answer ✓

Problem solved.

It was needed to use file with Kontakt library send directly from NI team to bypass installer.

Now it works perfectly.

Cheers.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

Well it depends on what kind of problem it is. If you don't have storage space on your drive then that's nothing to do with Kontakt. What happens when you try to install it...or would you just like everyone to start guessing????

• Adalbert

Well i have 1TB and there is a plenty of room..... Its kind of software bug...

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

These were originally released in 2020 correct?

Assuming it shipped with Ventura, make sure it's up to date with 13.1.

• Adalbert
    edited March 2023

Yep. Ventura. Its even 13.3 right now... "Download failed"... jeezzzzzzz 100 times the same. so irritating ... :)

• Gee_Flat

What about copying it over from the old computer? You could try one instrument to see how it works.

• Adalbert
    edited March 2023

you mean installer dmg? hmmm must give it a try.

btw. the problem is that Im able to download this file at 25gb (full size) but than "download failed" appear at the end... I even have dmg file of that kontakt factory library...

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

No I meant copy the Factory Library over. It can't be any different than moving it to a new location on any hard drive.

There are some other things that I've read on here regarding disc formatting and allowing full access to a disc.

• Adalbert

thanks. I've already gave full permissions to native instruments but "download failed" problem is still with me.

• Gee_Flat

Right... so next time don't just say "DAMAGE", you could have said my OS is up to date and I've tried this, this, this, and that.

Then I wouldn't be here like a "STOOGE" 🙄😚

• Adalbert

ok. I've used therm "damage" as a poetic interpretation of this mass I'm witnessing now. sorry. but in my defense I can think of dmg file as a damaged one, while I get "download failed" message all the time even though it's fully downloaded...

Btw. it's getting even funnier because after deleting file "aria2" (sth like that) I was able to get to installation procedure (no download problem), than I got this message, refresh, installation goes further and at the end - download failure... I guess only customer service can help me now...

thanks for your time! cheers

• Gee_Flat

Personally, I don't have a problem with inflammatory language. I think it's funny when people blow their tops. Case in point: my use of uppercase ! 😄

It's just frustrating to ask a bunch of questions while playing a guessing game.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Adalbert our support team will get back to you shortly. Feel free to share a solution here once the issue is resolved!

• Adalbert

Hi @Kaiwan_NI ! I was in touch with your team but there is a silence now... I was asked to install Kontakt Factory Library from dmg file but it didn't help.

I did send that info about failure, but never received another solution...

Cheers

• Adalbert
    Answer ✓

Problem solved.

It was needed to use file with Kontakt library send directly from NI team to bypass installer.

Now it works perfectly.

Cheers.