Maschine MK3 won't go into midi mode

J2D2
J2D2 Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi all ,

I have been trying to get Maschine into Midi Mode by pressing SHIFT + CHANNEL and nothing happens.

When I try to load the controls Editor it loads and then I Select Maschine MK3 and it crashes and Ive never managed to get any further,

Im on a Mac running OS 10.15.7 Catalina

Its not the end of the world but Its annoying when stuff doesn't work and I need to figure it out but Im at a loss now and help would be appreciated

Best Answer

• J2D2
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI

Sorry its been such a long time between posts,

Ive now managed the get the Maschine Mk3 into midi mode by reinstalling the OS (again)

Updating Maschine as far as 2.15 (used a legacy installer) and Now my other issue Reason rack plugin actually works and loads up.

Controller editor loads up without crashing......

Thanks you for your Help and support.

Jay

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@J2D2 What version of Controller Editor do you have installed on your computer?

Please uninstall it completely following these steps: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

Reinstall the Maschine software, it should also reinstall Controller Editor.

Give Full Disk Access to Maschine and Controller Editor: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Try to open Controller Editor now. Did that fix it?

• J2D2
    edited March 2023

Thanks for the info however I’ve done so already.

same issue crashed when opening.

even in the Maschine mk3 shift and channel doesn’t put it into midi mode it doesn’t do anything.

control editor version 2.7.6

I deleted the file and the pref

reinstalled Maschine latest version 2.17 and it installs the editor and it still crashed on opening.

I’m a reason used and was hoping to use Maschine mk3 for Kong in reason.

when reason is open I get an option on the controller to shift-channel to go into midi mode but nothing happens screen on controller flashes and then nothing changes

• Jeremy_NI

Before reinstalling Controller Editor, did you delete the whole CE folder found in Applications?

If you open Controller Editor without the MK3 connected, what template is loaded when you select Maschine MK3?

If you select Edit -> New it will create reset the template to default, once you've done that and connect the MK3 does it still crash Controller Editor?

• J2D2

So I’ve deleted the controller editor folder

deleted The pref

reinstalled controller editor

opened without Maschine mk3 plugged in and default template is Kontrol S

i can select different controller screens from drop down tab and they all show up. However when select Maschine MK3 it instantly crashes and closes the app.

the controller isn’t switched on or plugged in.

does the same when it is plugged in

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023

Ok, so it seems that the template file that is loading is probably corrupted.

Try deleting these folders:

Mac HD/Applications/Native Instruments/Controller Editor

Mac HD/Users/your user name/Documents/Native Instruments/Controller Editor

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Controller Editor

Mac HD/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Controller Editor

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Then reinstall Controller Editor.

• logicpromachine
    logicpromachine Member Posts: 31 Member

I had the same problem trying to use my Maschine Mikro MK3 on a friend's laptop. It would not go into MIDI mode. Thankfully I have my KORG Pad Kontrol to save the day.

• J2D2
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI

Sorry its been such a long time between posts,

Ive now managed the get the Maschine Mk3 into midi mode by reinstalling the OS (again)

Updating Maschine as far as 2.15 (used a legacy installer) and Now my other issue Reason rack plugin actually works and loads up.

Controller editor loads up without crashing......

Thanks you for your Help and support.

Jay

• Jeremy_NI

@J2D2 Thanks for the update. Happy that you got things working again!