VST3 instrument GUIs STILL not displaying in Komplete Kontrol Ableton VST? (KBDSW-7141)

KNGMAO
KNGMAO Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Going back a few updates now, the GUIs of many VST3 instruments and plugins from major vendors do not appear in the Komplete Kontrol VST in Ableton. The instrument loads and is playable, but there is just a small black cross where the GUI should be in KK. In standalone the GUIs appear as expected. Many modern instruments do not have a VST2 option. Any solutions yet? Seems a major issue.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
    Answer ✓

This is the bug reference: KBDSW-7141

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for a fix at the moment. Our apologies for that. I'll be putting the accepted answer to this one. It doesn't mean the issue is solved but that it's being identified. I'll share more information if there are any news regarding the issue.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited March 2023

It's logged and they are looking into it is all I know, by the sounds of it they know the cause but not a solution. If you are on the Beta test it would be good to add your findings (OS, what plugins affected) to the ticket open. I've sent a heap of info on the matter so hoping they find the issue as it does not happen in other DAWs such as Cubase and Reaper, just Live.

• KNGMAO
    KNGMAO Member Posts: 4 Member

I have a ticket open, I'm just prodding them in public after yet another "update" that doesn't address an issue that one-dev plugins like Fluid Chords seem to have nailed.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
    Answer ✓

This is the bug reference: KBDSW-7141

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for a fix at the moment. Our apologies for that. I'll be putting the accepted answer to this one. It doesn't mean the issue is solved but that it's being identified. I'll share more information if there are any news regarding the issue.