S4MK3 MIDI MOD

oviwan
oviwan Member Posts: 108 Helper
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I have a working proof of concept and wanted to check with the community if it's worth developing a fully fledged product. Do you guys see any value in this?

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

How does it work?

Maybe share what you have on github?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Yes, please share the working concept. Also does screens work?

• oviwan

@lord-carlos using some secret sauce :)

@Stevan what do you mean "does screens work"?

The question is: do you see value in this? For me, one possible use case would be connecting S4MK3 to rekordbox.

• Stevan

@oviwan I mean can you MIDI map different segments like loop size or BPM value?

Is it possible to create a hybrid between Default and MIDI control? (I would like to use 2 channels in Traktor and have my C and D setup for MIDI inside Ableton).

• oviwan

I can trigger any MIDI message with a knob/button/fader if that's what you mean. What you map that message to (loop size, bpm, etc) it's up to you. Is that what you are asking?

I'm not sure I understand the hybrid scenario. Do you want to send different MIDI commands for the same operation performed on different decks?

• Stevan

I think it is best to see the working concept :)

Regarding the screens, I was asking it there is a possibility to display any parameter value from Traktor.

Let's say that when you enter the MIDI Mode, screens are no longer showing the default information but still find some use of them. To say display the Loop Size value in Rekordbox.

Nevermind the hybrid scenario.