Kontakt 7 vs. Kontakt Player loading .wav files

Mysterien
Mysterien Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 2023 in Kontakt

Hello... I am new to sound design and thus have some downloaded .wav files and sound samples to use in compositions. The Kontakt Player opens my .wav files fine but in a DEMO mode only and then it times out telling me to upgrade to the full Kontakt (which I have Kontakt 7). However, when I try to load the .wav files into Kontakt 7, it does not allow me to open them and they are greyed out (see my second screenshot below), so how do I use these in the full Kontakt 7 player? What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks.

PS. I am able to obviously open the .nki instrument files from these packs into Kontakt 7, but I was just wondering how come the .wav files will not also open in Kontakt 7 as they do in the Kontakt 6 Player.

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod
    Answer βœ“

Hello,

first open kontakt full version, then drag and drop wave files from file browser into kontakt. Once a instrument instance is created you can also open wave files via instrument editor as far as I remember (i always use drag and drop). I would highly recommend to look into the manual, kontakt is not an easy sampler, it's so sophisticated.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Answer βœ“

'Load', opens instruments, banks and multis. There are 3 ways to create a new instrument:

• drag files in rack as @Uwe303 explained
    • double click in the rack and edit the new .nki
    • Use the file browser and click 'New Instrument'

I know you knew that already, you just convinced yourself the other way was possible πŸ˜‰

psyched yourself out ... πŸ˜ƒ

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod
    Answer βœ“

Hello,

first open kontakt full version, then drag and drop wave files from file browser into kontakt. Once a instrument instance is created you can also open wave files via instrument editor as far as I remember (i always use drag and drop). I would highly recommend to look into the manual, kontakt is not an easy sampler, it's so sophisticated.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Answer βœ“

'Load', opens instruments, banks and multis. There are 3 ways to create a new instrument:

• drag files in rack as @Uwe303 explained
    • double click in the rack and edit the new .nki
    • Use the file browser and click 'New Instrument'

I know you knew that already, you just convinced yourself the other way was possible πŸ˜‰

psyched yourself out ... πŸ˜ƒ

• Mysterien
    Mysterien Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Thanks guys... yes, it is best to drag and drop the .nki instruments by 3rd parties into the Kontakt 7 rather than the .wav files. Good to know the drag and drop of the .wav files do open this way in the Kontakt 7.