Shared favorites between Maschine software, Maschine+ and Komplete Kontrol

Peter Harris
Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

I wish that all of these products were using a common set of favorites so that when I add a star in one it would appear in the others. Anyone else?

Since all of these has to have network access at least some of the time, seems like the system could be designed to store those favorites connected to a user's individual NI ID and sync it across compatible tools / devices.

Comments

• Jo.
    Jo. Member Posts: 28 Advisor

I don't own the + so I can't say for it, but my favorites appear in the same way on Maschine software with mk3 & Komplete Kontrol.

I just tried to add and remove stars within komplete kontrol and maschine instance in Live, the changes are effective and are reflected in one or the other instance.

Maschine+ is supposed to be independent of the computer so it has its own internal favorites system ? Is it not synchronized with the software when plugged in? At least add Maschine or KK's favorites to its own list ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

Hey @Peter Harris The favourites are already shared by the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine applications. They are stored on the computer. Maschine Plus is a different entity. It has it's own operating system and also doesn't have the same set of instruments. I will forward your idea about connecting the favourites to the Native ID as a feature request, not sure about the feasability. Thanks for your input anyway!

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

@Peter Harris

That’s a good one!Please make sure to also post that in the big Maschine+ Feedback thread.

• Peter Harris

FYI I checked again on my system and Favorites are definitely not being shared between Maschine 2 software and Komplete Kontrol software on my PC.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Then you should contact support, because that is supposed to work.

There was a problem about a year ago, when this broke for some users after an update. There was quite a lot of fuss about it on Ye Olde Forum:

Komplete Kontrol 2.6.1 - Missing favorites after update

• Analog Sol
    Analog Sol Member Posts: 18 Member

This doesn’t work for me either.

I would love if any favorites I set on M+ or The computer would stay in sync.

otherwise it is not truly possible to switch back and forth and work on both.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thought the issue with favorites was fixed already last July 🤔

@Analog Sol It's not possible to share favorites on M+ with others atm unfortunately.

However if you're to sync favorites between KK and Maschine, this guide should have you covered: Managing KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE 2 Favorites

• Peter Harris

The issue I think you're referring to (loss of favorites) was indeed fixed and we are all grateful for that for sure.

• Analog Sol
    Analog Sol Member Posts: 18 Member

It was? Ok great! How do you do it?

The above guide only explains how to sync favorites between Maschine Software and Komplete Kontrol.

What do we need to do for M+?

• Peter Harris

Sorry, I guess my comment was confusing. The favorites thing being fixed that I was referring to was an old problem where people would lose their favorites altogether under rare conditions. That one was thankfully fixed.

But the NI folks here confirmed that there is no way of syncing between M+ and the others for the foreseeable future. I was merely suggesting it as a desirable future enhancement.

• Trevor Meier
    Trevor Meier Member Posts: 69 Advisor

Just getting going with a Maschine+ after having a mk3 for a long time. Not having my favourites synced is a big pain... all that built up memory and utility going to waste. Would love to see this added in the future!