Why Transport Controls does'n work in Logic Pro? (Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A49)

çakır
çakır Member Posts: 46 Member

Hello There

I bought the A49 keyboard. When I try it with the Logic Pro, Transport Controls doesn't work. Sometimes it works but most of the time doesn't. Sometimes when I press the play button, synthesizer sounds coming out from the buttons like it is a key on the keyboard.

I have already contacted with the Native Instruments support team by their website wizard. They sent me an e-mail which requests a SupportTool files. I have sent the supporttool file. I have done this 2 times. But I have got no answers for both times.

This problem took a lot of time. I tried the keyboard with Ableton Live and it works very well with Ableton. But I want to use Logic Pro. Has someone had this problem before and has idea how to solve it?

I use M1 Pro Macbook. macOS 13.2.1

I attached a video link about the problem. (google drive)

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Gilles31
    Gilles31 Member Posts: 15 Member
    Answer ✓

J'ai exactement le même problème. 😢

• Gilles31
    Answer ✓

À priori, j'ai résolu le problème :

1 - J'ai viré les préférences de Logic

2 - J'ai activé Logic avec mon Komplete Kontrol allumé puis je suis allé voir dans Logic Pro/Réglages/Midi.

3 - Mon clavier ne déclenchait toujours pas PLAY, REC,…

4 - J'ai décoché toutes les entrées midi du Komplete Kontrol dans Midi puis j'ai coché à nouveau. Logic m'a demandé si je voulais relier le MK2.

5 - Tout semble maintenant fonctionner.

Les mystères de l'informatique… 😉

Answers

• Gilles31
    Answer ✓

J'ai exactement le même problème. 😢

• çakır

I guess there is a problem with the Control Surface settings.

I went to Logic Pro/ Control Surfaces/ Setup/ New / İnstall

There is a list of midi controllers there.

I chosed Mackie Desings- Mackie Control,

Then I hit the add button.

After that I assign output port and input port "Komplete Kontrol A Daw" and some transport controls started working. But not all of them undo, quantize and some others still doesn't work.

I took this help from apple support guys.

I have sent some e mails to the Native Instruments suport team. But they did not reach me out yet. I hope they contact with me and solve the problem.

So the problem still goes on.

• Gilles31

Hello, what is very weird is that I just did the test last night with GarageBand and the keyboard works perfectly.

So I think the fault is a setting in Logic Pro X.

• Gilles31
    Answer ✓

À priori, j'ai résolu le problème :

1 - J'ai viré les préférences de Logic

2 - J'ai activé Logic avec mon Komplete Kontrol allumé puis je suis allé voir dans Logic Pro/Réglages/Midi.

3 - Mon clavier ne déclenchait toujours pas PLAY, REC,…

4 - J'ai décoché toutes les entrées midi du Komplete Kontrol dans Midi puis j'ai coché à nouveau. Logic m'a demandé si je voulais relier le MK2.

5 - Tout semble maintenant fonctionner.

Les mystères de l'informatique… 😉

• çakır

I hope this is a permanent solution.

But it is all in French. I hope I can make it too. 🙂

• Gilles31

TRADUCTION GOOGLE :

Initially, I solved the problem:

1 - I removed Logic's preferences

2 - I activated Logic with my Komplete Kontrol on then I went to see in Logic Pro/Settings/Midi.

3 - My keyboard still did not trigger PLAY, REC,…

4 - I unchecked all Komplete Kontrol midi inputs in Midi then checked again. Logic asked me if I wanted to link the MK2.

5 - Everything seems to be working now.

The mysteries of computing… 😉

• çakır

You Removed the Logic preferences files in Library? Where is that files?

And wen you say I activated Logic did you mean you just opened the Logic Pro?

• Gilles31

To find preferences; you have to go to the Finder / Go / press Option and bring up Library.

Then I trashed the two files in blue.

• Gilles31

Then, yes, I opened Logic Pro X again

• çakır

Ok. I followed exactly this solution. It looks like yours.

"Delete the user preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro X back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.

Press the Go button.

Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro X User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro X, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

If you have upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, you should also remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.

Restart the computer."

It seems worked for now. But lets see if it is permanent.

• çakır

NO. A couple times worked well but after that problem comes back.

• Gilles31

Indeed, I have the same problem. I managed to find the keyboard commands operational again after turning off the keyboard, unchecking then rechecking this:

• çakır

I have tried that too but it did not worked. I don't know what I am going to do.

Native Instrumets support team did not return my help mails.

• Gilles31

I just contacted Native. We'll see...😉

• çakır

Would you please let me know if you can make progress about this problem?

And thank you for your support.