Poly Synth Presets not showing in Maschine Library

denisbkk
denisbkk Member Posts: 9 Member

I have watched a few tutorials on Poly Synth and noticed that people have p[resets that came with Poly SYnth. When I search in my library I can find Poly Synth under Instruments in the Maschine instrument. As a sub group I can select Poly SYnth. But it lists only the one single init patch. NOthing else. In tutorials I can see it comes with a whole selection of categorized patches. I have tried to reinstall the library from Maschine. That didnt change anything also. What am I doing wrong? Any possible solutions that any of you is aware of?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    Answer ✓

This is an old issue with the way the library is organized... One of its many inconsistencies.

The INIT preset is under Browser>Instruments but all the actual presets are under Browser>Sounds 🤷‍♂️

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    Answer ✓

This is an old issue with the way the library is organized... One of its many inconsistencies.

The INIT preset is under Browser>Instruments but all the actual presets are under Browser>Sounds 🤷‍♂️

• denisbkk
    denisbkk Member Posts: 9 Member

Ahh, such an easy solution. Thanks.

I would have never checked there.....mainly because the NI website states:

"Bass Synth, Drum Synth, and Poly Synth can also be found in the browser under the “Instrument” tab......"

It does not mention the sounds tab, so I did not check there.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

FYI, the Poly Synth presets are under Sounds, because the Poly Synth engine - unlike its predecessor, the Pro-53 VST - does not offer any effects. Therefore Maschine internal effects are used and the whole chains are saved as Sounds.