Faded Reels without Maschine Hardware

Ant G.
Ant G. Member Posts: 19 Member

I presently do not own any Maschine hardware products. I do have registered licenses for the Collector's Edition which includes Faded Reels and other Maschine software related products such as Global Shake.

I'm unable to locate any stand alone or VST of Maschine 2 within Native Access. Nor does any Maschine 2 VST load with my DAW (Studio One).

How does one load Faded Reels to access the full functionality in this current scenario?

Thank you

Best Answers

• Aaron McPherson
    Aaron McPherson Member Posts: 24 Helper
    Answer ✓

Assuming you are referring to the Komplete 14 Collectors Edition, you would need to acquire the full Maschine 2 software to use the expansions with it. It does not come with the bundle, but may be available from a previous owner. Otherwise, it comes with the hardware.

However, all the content of the expansions is usable in other software, like Ableton Drum Racks. There is a program called KitMaker which can convert Maschine Expansions into a variety of other formats, including Ableton. It also can generate a list of numbered files, which can then be imported into drum software like Groove Agent. You can find it at https://www.kit-maker.com/

Hope this helps.

• Aaron McPherson
    Answer ✓

Yes, I should have mentioned. The content of all expansions (loops and samples) is usable in other programs. You don’t need Kit-Maker; that’s just if you want them packaged as drum kits. However, any decent sample manager like LoopCloud will allow you to search through and audition them, then import them into your productions.

Also, as you discovered, they all come with Battery versions of the kits, so you can use that program to trigger them. It’s still a lot of value.

Answers

• Aaron McPherson
    Answer ✓

Assuming you are referring to the Komplete 14 Collectors Edition, you would need to acquire the full Maschine 2 software to use the expansions with it. It does not come with the bundle, but may be available from a previous owner. Otherwise, it comes with the hardware.

However, all the content of the expansions is usable in other software, like Ableton Drum Racks. There is a program called KitMaker which can convert Maschine Expansions into a variety of other formats, including Ableton. It also can generate a list of numbered files, which can then be imported into drum software like Groove Agent. You can find it at https://www.kit-maker.com/

Hope this helps.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited March 2023

That shouldn't be a problem. What version of Komplete Collector's Edition do you have? You should have access to Maschine Essentials in Native Access which is essentially the full Maschine 2 software.

If you don't want to use that, what DAW do you prefer using? You should be able to access all of the content from those expansions using an instance of Komplete Kontrol loaded into your track.

• Ant G.
    edited March 2023

Hi Peter thanks for the response. I have Collector's Edition 13. In Native Access under Maschine, all that's there is Maschine Drum Selection. I wish there was Maschine Essentials. There's no separate VST for Maschine though Kontakt 6 and 7 are there as well as Komplete Kontrol which I've not used prior (primarily Kontakt) which I am comfortable with.

PS from the Komplete Kontrol menu as a VST, there is no Maschine under Internal, VST3 or VST. However I have successfully setup the MIDI devices Arturia Keylab MKI 61 and also PreSonus Atom.

How does one choose Faded Reels which does not appear in the drop down menu next to the Magnifying Glass?

I'm using Studio One v6.1 by PreSonus. Cheers.

• Ant G.
    edited March 2023

Thanks Aaron, Using Collector's Edition 13. Seems absurd NI would offer any Expansion such as Faded Reels for download with no way to load this module after spending over $1000 on this top of the line bundle. I do hope I am incorrect as Peter had some tips in this thread.

• Ant G.

I may have a work around.

Opened up the folder at: E:\Native Instruments Libraries\Warped Symmetry\Sounds\Battery Kits

In this folder of course were loads of Battery Kits. Opened Battery, File | Open Kit and was able to see a large collection of kits in the folder mentioned. Opened the first kit, Aegerine and can now see all other kits within Warped Symmetry.

This doesn't appear to be ideal as I'd have to navigate to every single Expansion and load kits in this manner. Perhaps someone has a better, more preferred method than what' I've discovered? Thanks

• Aaron McPherson
    Answer ✓

Yes, I should have mentioned. The content of all expansions (loops and samples) is usable in other programs. You don’t need Kit-Maker; that’s just if you want them packaged as drum kits. However, any decent sample manager like LoopCloud will allow you to search through and audition them, then import them into your productions.

Also, as you discovered, they all come with Battery versions of the kits, so you can use that program to trigger them. It’s still a lot of value.